Why truck drivers are willing to pay for parking?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Ruy Teixeira, Aug 27, 2021.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I actually think parking should be survival of the fittest. If you can't get a spot before it fills up, too bad. It ain't like the truck stop is the only place to sleep.

BigTizle and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Love me some reserved parking why? Because unlike a lot of drivers I can trip plan and don’t simply want to park at any old truck stop. I hate that ####.
    Some days you don’t get to stop till 2-3am and there ain’t gonna be no where to park in BFE.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Because they're wtf tarded liberal nut bags.

Last Call Thanks this.
  5. shaker636

shaker636 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2019
    looks familiar wherre is this at ?

6. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    If you're the kind that doesn't have a lot of bills than screw it why not ? Most places are about 15-18$ bucks a night , you're already going to pay that for a truck stop hooker so why not make sure you have a guaranteed spot for them to find you.

nredfor88 and MIT Thank this.
  7. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    The amount of accidents whiles parked at a Truck stop I've seen over the years is crazy. It kinda makes me wonder though if 'Those who pay for those truckers parking spots are just more careful when backing into the spot of leaving and Not taking the driver who's parked next to them hood or bumper off?'

Just was reading about the Bill passed Infrastructure bill: Senate passes $1 trillion plan after months of intense bipartisan talks - CNNPolitics and must agree that even if they helped to fund more Truck stops or even Franchise incentives for investors would make more sense even by only using 0.5% of that infrastructure budget of $1.2 Trillion ($6 bln would do wonders). Especially after reading 'Joy's' article website link regarding the overall expense of a Truck Stop is around $2M to $4.5M. https://www.profitableventure.com/cost-build-truck-stop-business/ if you factor in Franchises such as TA's for example the higher end expense for a larger lot parking TA @ $19,141,000 if the feds helped on a 35% discount (slightly over 1/3) through them thats a $6,699,350 savings for the inspiring investors to a cost of $12,441,650 Truck stop. If 40 major state investors decided to get on board that's $497,666,000 ($500M) it would create a lot of jobs plus help the overall economy because of the large influx of transports being able to park safety. That 35% incentive for investors only cost the feds 0.041% of their Infrastructure budget of $1.2 Trillion. Considering trucks are the backbone of North America's distribution of goods accounting for 70%. It would only make sense even if they built smaller with less amenities 110 Truck Stops All Government funded thorough the country.

navypoppop Thanks this.
  8. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Hell, $2 Billion would do wonders, but TA is scared of having to compete with an empty parking lot with no amenities.

They've been charging a 55-65% profit margin for years and have pushed drivers to start carrying their own food bought at WalMart. When in store sales started to decline, they started increasing the percentage of pay-to-park spaces. Now they openly rely on a "hostage customer" business model where they know their customers can't go anywhere else.

BigTizle and Snailexpress Thank this.
  9. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I only buy drinks at truck stops so If I’m heading into an area that will be full before 10 I’m reserving a spot.
    Also 100% reimbursed by my company cause they don’t want me parking creatively.
    In CA I paid for a spot every day for a week and spent two days there at that nice 25$/night
    i don’t want to be forced to pay for parking and I think it’s bs there’s so many places that have 60% reserved parking

10. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Orlando, FL., some time in latter 2000 decade.
    Needed to stay overnight and wasn't interested in any Hotel/Motel/Lodge/Inn.
    ONE Night on Rt 441, supposedly near Disney World at the, as claimed, "Oldest Truck Stop In Florida". $12.00.
    It did reflect OLD and NO, I did not eat there (the Pothole/Trenches made a s-l-o-w roll).

I paid for Parking at Numerous Locations over 20+ Years O.T.R. to = "big deal".
    CHEERS!!

11. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Obviously because Truck Stop personnel are too afraid of anti-positive responses.
    Do ANY Truck Stops Offer a REFUND??
    My Guess is >NO<!

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.