Why would you lease a truck

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by lmcclure1220, Mar 15, 2015.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    $0.65 is the all in rate, remember to deduct about $0.12 for maintenance and $0.04 for taxes so the true rate is about $0.49 which is indeed company driver pay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    I don't believe I responded to you or know anything about your deal, so I'll say that I'm not confused about YOUR lease. If you are asking about the generic, giving a carrier complete control over every aspect including ownership of the truck rarely turns out well. Having the ability to move to a better carrier to make more revenue and higher per mile rates should be fairly obvious. From your post at the top, you say you're netting in the dollar range, which from what I've seen, and what I commented on to the above poster, atypical of most fleece deals.

4. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I understand now.

5. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    i did capitalze ALL

RoadCall Thanks this.
  6. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    not all lease deals are for purchase at the end. some are walk away 1 year 2 year, 3 year deals, just like with a car, you turn the vehicle in at the end of the period. Worked very well for me, I made the money I wanted to, enjoyed my 5 years of OTR, and walked away, owing nothing to anybody, and not having to sell a used truck.

Being a lease driver gave me that little bit of freedom I needed. I could take a week or two off, with no repercussions from the company. Would I recommend it to a person without a previous understanding of running a business, No i would not.

7. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Why do you rent an apartment instead of buying a house?

browndawg and RoadCall Thank this.
  8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    And then the company driver has to take $.06 out for taxes ...

9. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Lone Mountain wants $12,500 down, minimum, on a 780 with work station, at least the last I checked anyway. Schneider will do a 1 year lease to try it out and you pick all your freight without dealing with brokers like Landstar. Also since Schneiders one year lease is a brand new truck you pocket any leftover money in your maintnance account, plus I believe they have a completion bonus(not sure about the 1 year lease). So I see Schneiders Choice as a great way to test the waters.

Also, where are all these company's you speak about paying company drivers .65 a mile? Im guessing thats pulling specialized freight? Haven't heard of ONE dry or reefer company paying anything close to .65 a mile, small company or otherwise.

Pumpkin Oval Head and browndawg Thank this.
  10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    so where's all these companies paying company drivers .65 ??? still haven't heard of any names or seen any links...

browndawg Thanks this.
  11. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    i do agree that most of these lease deals are scams

but the question, why lease? i think that has been answered

just buyer beware

123456 and Tennesseahawk Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.