Wife of a driver.....

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by kelbugger, Jan 1, 2016.

1. demi

demi Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    as you should be.. it is a great opportunity. May as well make the most money(for easy work) you can in this business.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    You didn't do anything wrong. We go through periods where bored members feel the need to come in and ruin other peoples threads. They know nothing about the job and most don't even know enough to know that the company your husband will be driving for is Walmart Transportation LLC.

Paydays I can tell you, as I did............... I also do all of the bills and such, so I know how important it is to know. The insurance I can't tell you. I will say it won't be as good as union insurance, but isn't bad. I have had no issues with it. The sad thing is, even with Walmarts buying power, Obamacare has really hurt everyones insurance (short of Union). Everything just got a lot more expensive seeing as how my 54 year old husband gets to pay for maternity coverage, just like everyone else (and every other "used to be optional" coverage out there). Walmart is trying to get creative, again due to their buying power, so some things that are being tried may move out to other markets................. so I guess we will see.

I will say this. With my husbands X company, we were paying $600 a month for my husband and I, and were buying our sons insurance separately, for $110 a month. Now, we are paying $104 for the whole family, every 2 weeks. I can't complain about that.

Don't ever worry about asking questions. If we have answers, we will give them. The only person who can honestly tell you which plans will be available, and at what cost, would be someone who works out of the same DC that your husband will be working out of.................. or the HR folks at orientation. Just know that your whole family will have coverage from the 1st day of orientation. So, just ignore the people who stick their nose where it doesn't belong. And again, welcome. :)

slim6596 and noninetofive Thank this.
  4. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    OH that hurt, I'm wounded, please stop I can't take anymore. Your sharp wit cuts deep. Then I see you live in Cheyenne WY and I understand and :tearyeyed:for you.

5. WallyWife

Sep 8, 2014
    Will you please leave this womans thread.

I mean really.................... grow up. Good grief

interpreter and noninetofive Thank this.
  6. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    No being a CSR for a light package delivery company is something you might do AFTER you're a truck driver. I guess you have substituted Wal-Mart for "the Lord" in your bible verse.

7. demi

demi Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    Your comments are hardly constructive to this thread.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That will be quite enough out of you.

Please find somewhere else to post, since you obviously have nothing of value to contribute here.

9. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Ok, let me please explain my post.
    First the pay thing. I had heard from several Walmart drivers over the years. That they at that time could not state their pay plan as it was different from center to center. True or not I don't know.. Ok
    Then me stating was the hubby trying to hide something from her on pay days.
    Here is why I said that. When ever I inquired at new jobs, I would ask the pay rate and what are settlement dates..
    This was done during my final calls or interviews.. Ok
    So I was just asking questions, as to why was she asking about this if her husband didn't know and he's going to work there.
    I hope it turns out well in his new venture.
    I would never sign up for a new gig and then after hiring,go gee boss when am I getting paid and do I have insurance and how much does it cost???

10. WallyWife

Sep 8, 2014
    Walmart drivers can tell people what they make all they want now. The thing is, the average driver is so hung up on cpm, or hourly, that they cannot wrap their head around how Walmart drivers are paid. Yes, they get cpm, but that is only about half of what they get. They also get fixed amounts for pretty much every activity that they do. Drop, hook, arrive, live load, live unload, weekend premium, congested area premium, layover, chain up, claims, etc.

This is also why the sheet that shows all of this is given in orientation. They are given a ballpark yearly figure, and it will be on the low side.................. as in anyone can make that. Hustle, and you will make a lot more.

People who go after a Walmart Private Fleet job know that they are going to get insurance, they just don't have the details on the plans. Also, they always start orientation on the first Monday of the pay period, and are paid every 2 weeks.

If you had read the entire "Walmart Here I come" thread, you would have known all of this. Yet, it is quite obvious that you have no desire to become a Walmart driver, and would rather go off of heresay and hyperbole. Thus, no need to pollute this womans thread. She is just trying to find out some details, and there is nothing wrong with that.

11. Dabrian

Dabrian Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    They have the option to get a CDL and better themselves like anyone else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.