Wife of a driver.....

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by kelbugger, Jan 1, 2016.

1. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    They also have the option to look within the company for better opportunities. Store managers at Wal-Mart make good money for the responsibility they take on. Some just want the money without the responsibility. Won't happen any where in any of Wal-Mart's job fields.

WallyWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    Not being allowed to discuss pay is simply a rumor. Nobody has ever been told not to discuss pay and benefits, however we DO look out for each other and we don't just blab it all over the Internet, cb and truck stops. It IS kind of a well guarded 'secret', but that is our choice as drivers, if we encounter someone who seems serious and sincere about applying, we'll give them some info, but if it's some dirt bag slob in a beat up truck, well, we'll just wish him a nice day and move on.

4. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Yes, our pay is a little bit more complicated than just cents per mile. But believe us, you will live comfortably off of it even as an extra board driver.

5. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    My first year, I made substantially more than the advertised average starting pay. I was (and still am) extra board, but I now have an assigned truck. Still work a 5 on, 2 off schedule...but I usually extend into my 6th day. This lets me make a little more and drive home fully rested on the morning of day 6, instead of late evening of day 5.
    If you want less vague info, send me a message. I'll be happy to share.

BackIsSore Thanks this.
  6. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Yep, that ride home on the 5th is a tough one if you do a full day lol

7. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    The cheapest ins they can buy

8. bayouslim

bayouslim Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hammond,louisiana
    Congrats to all that's landed a driving position with wm. But I must say that these wm drivers and wally wives seem uppity and Arrogant. I see they're quick to pounce on any poster that comments anything outside of wal mart law and ideology. Never let blessings and good fortune convince you that you're better than the next person. Just as easily as these things are given, they're taken. Many professionals drivers have stellar records, reputations and awards that would put many of wm's "best" to shame. They just have no desire to work for wm no matter what the pay, benefits and perks are and don't need the employment of a certain Company to validate to them that they are some of the best in the business...... Good day and god bless you all.

9. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    I think you take participants in these threads as "pouncing" in the wrong manner. These threads are here to inform and educate those who wish to work for Walmart. I'm sure there are other threads where those who wish to criticize or denigrate Walmart can find a bevy of like minded individuals. You're right, there are many accomplished drivers in the industry. But for those who choose to join the private fleet, this and other threads are places where they can gain valuable information and can come back and share with others in their journey. As far as validation goes, everyone wants that in some form or another. Because the private fleet to many is regarded as reaching the height in a driving career, I would think that they would have the right to be proud of that accomplishment.

georgear1084, slim6596 and WallyWife Thank this.
  10. bayouslim

bayouslim Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hammond,louisiana
    You make some valid points. But I do understand that some will bash, which I did observe as well. I personally think the wm driver's position is a very good one. I have a good friend of mine who's dad has been driving for Walmart about twenty years now after he sold his truck and got out of the owner op business. Rick called me yesterday to inform me that he was finally offered a driving position and he's super excited, as he's been been building up to this for years. I seen a sign a few months ago at the Robert, Louisiana DC hiring drivers....anyway, if I misinterpreted some of the responses from the wm drivers, my apologies. Good luck and best wishes to all in their journies , wherever they may lead.

11. No Clutch

No Clutch Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2016
    MERIDIAN, MS

You come off as money hungry, and benefit absorbed......stay out of your husbands' business!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.