Wild truck wraps for race rig

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Ridlingdj, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Hey I'm looking for other ideas for when I go to get my old 379 wrapped and the transporter aswell right now we are working on a design similar to this 9e00e76bf81a3f313768ea843f668ee1.jpg

Lepton1, D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Are you hauling for any particular team/manufacturers that would restrict design? I would go old school with it since it's a 379 and can pull it off. Yours is that real pretty red one right?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. Ridlingdj

Dec 12, 2018
    Yea its viper red and no sponsor right now it's all my money but john deere and Toyota is looking at sponsorships right now for pulling tractors I have a few small sponsors but nothing that will limit what I do mostly for free stuff just to put there stickers on my tractors or trailer and this is the rig

Ruthless, D.Tibbitt, Cat sdp and 2 others Thank this.
  5. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Old school Toyota theme. Think a play on this. You would be the only one out there so people would notice. Illl have to dig up pics, we did our f750 race hauler in a old Sox and Martin like getup and it was cool as hell. Screenshot_20190906-124135.png

88228822 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. Ridlingdj

Dec 12, 2018
  7. TTNJ

TTNJ Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Those big rolling billboards can be eye catching for sure but I wouldn’t wrap it. Go with a paint scheme you want and apply sponsors logo that can easily be pealed off when the sponsorship ends. To wrap a trailer only is $8-$10K.

D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Frame needs stretched out to about 315" to start. Wheels need a really good shine as well.

I think about wraps for trucks all the time. The flame paint job on that W9 is way too busy for me,but it might be your thing.

Hell do it up in a camo pattern in whatever colors float your boat. Or I saw a C7 Corvette on a car hauler last night that was a blue chrome. Looked pretty cool.

spindrift and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Or leave it red and make it look like this one:

[​IMG]

ChevyCam, 88228822 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Ridlingdj

Dec 12, 2018

There is 2 big problems with stretching the frame for me I wont be able to get in and out of my property with all the canals its tight enough the way it is and I have to run over length permits already in fl also as far as peeling or adding sponsor that's why you wrap they stay with you for a few years and they pay to wrap your transporter and truck so instead of paying high dollars for paint every few years you just wrap it and they can peal the old off and wrap it again in 24 hours same with the tractors

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. TTNJ

TTNJ Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Apparently you have tons of extra cash to be wrapping the truck every few years at &10K a pop. You paint it once with the colors or theme that you want and use smaller cut and paste decals for your sponsors removing only a fraction of your rigs outer surface every few years versus an entire new wrap.

Check into Team Penske rigs..... they are all basically the same, regardless of sponsor.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.