Will be going to school through Cr England in the near future.

Discussion in 'CR England' started by eightONEeight, Sep 20, 2013.

1. eightONEeight

eightONEeight Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2013
    [TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD] [TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: midtext"]First off I want to say thank you to everyone that posts info on the different companies out there. With that, I do understand the risks involved with Cr England and would go a different route but it has been a rough year out of work. All that being, it is a start while I understand a really rocky start and will be bottom of the barrel and maybe even the gunk seeping through the cracks of the barrel but it is a start.

In the near future I plan to post about my exp, good, the bad and the ugly. That way anyone that is in a hardship like I have been and needs to just get into it and doesn't have the resources or options will be able to do so. I plan to note things I feel warranted to give anyone else future concepts of what to expect and maybe even ways to get over/through them. But I am going in with the attitude of I may get that bloody nose and need some Vaseline after all of it, but if it gets me to where I can then go else where and drive for a more reputable company then so be it. I am not going in looking to lease, or team drive. I am going in to get my CDL, and then if need be at that point evaluate my options if I stay for the 9 months to not have to pay off the school or if I leave shortly after obtaining my CDL and go to another company.

I plan to update after done with the school, and give a detailed image of everything I saw that was good, bad, funny or just made no sense what so ever.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Twicebit

Twicebit Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2012
    I congratulate you eightONEeight; you've made a decision, pulled yourself out of tough times, and are going with a Carrier! Personally, I think all the pounding on CREngland is unwarranted. You've got lots of drivers who've never driven for them just piling on not KNOWING about CR cause they've never driven for them! Rumor, rumor, rumor... I've got an acquaintance who drove for CRE for over 20 years, first being a company man and in his later years with them was an IC. He liked CRE and devoted his whole driving career to them. He's been retired now for about a year. Hang in there with them. You can leave later if you choose. In the mean time, you'll earn your cdl and some experience with them, which is worth a lot!

Blessings!

Dan

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    All the pounding on CR England un warranted??... I don't believe you have a clue what you're talking about.. You got a lot to learn... England has a long history of screwing drivers..

Apparently you haven't seen all of the lawsuits that England has lost finding them negligent of stealing from drivers.

5. Twicebit

Twicebit Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2012
    I'm sure I'm ALL wrong, and you're ALL right, and my buddy who worked for them for all those years was totally deluded, because of course - people looking from the outside in know much more than those looking out.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said "unwarranted". How about "partially unwarranted" or something like that. So there's been some lawsuits. I just googled them and see some problems... Thank you for pointing this out. I'd heard of this before and your post reminded me. Is CR England all bad? Is there some good about CRE? Is your company perfect? Is mine? Are you perfect? Am I? No, of course not. I'm not going to get any further into an argument with you or anyone, if that's kind of how this is heading. I'll just say that chances are there are many happy drivers working for CRE (otherwise they'd quit en mass), my buddy having been one of them.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  6. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    People looking from the outside?.. Well essentially that's what you're doing is it?

7. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    There's just too much evidence of England being absolutely corrupt and a bunch of crooks... The only reason CR England is making out like bandits the way they are is simply this.. People too naïve to see the facts!

8. ghostrider405

ghostrider405 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2013
    kerrville texas
    why you think they have a recovery fleet the real big rig bounty hunters

9. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I worked for them for 4.5 years and after the kool aid wore off I worked there 4 years to long.

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    LOL .75 years for me ... They are OK to get your license and a little experience ... Provided you can pay for the school out of pocket ... at $1900 for your CDL including bus fare and lodging, they're pretty cheap and you will make that back during you Phase 1 training.

11. eightONEeight

eightONEeight Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Ok so posting back.

So first arrive at hotel and given a folder with papers in it. Some being a packet with all the DMV permit test questions a d only the answer. Did not find out till day of permit test that it was the case.

First week of school was about papers and sitting and waiting. The first day was out dot physical and dt. The physical was done by a doctor that works in an office on sight at the school which England owns both. All it consisted of brief eye exam, blood pressure and being able to climb under and in and out of a trailer. The doctor then asked are you crazy, do you know what crazy is. Two breaths and then cleared to go.

Day before permit testing do three tests and came to find out that they were old permit tests minus a few questions.

suppoesd to learn how to do logs and they ran out of time so pushed to next class.

Next class videos and open book tests all of which was the same stuff over agin.

end of first week and get Sunday off.

Monday morning comes around and last day in classroom watch small video and teaches goes over logs for maybe 10 min and no one understands them. Lunch then go out to the yard the have us line up and we do straight line backing with little to no instruction. I stall the truck and do bad yet they didn't teach me what I did wrong.

next day 2 trucks for about 70 students for parallel parking. Everyone getting sun burnt and few don't get a shot. Some got to drive on the road after only getting the 3-8 min of straight line backing.

next day we get instructors and are out on the road 5-6 per truck with 20-45 min in morning each and same for afternoon. Back to the yard and maybe 20 people get through a line for one of two backing stations.

That about somes up the next few days then on sat and sun supposed to be skills if lucky people got through 2 but some didn't get through one. Class supposed to end at 4-6 and they have us back at the hotel no later then 2.

monday is evaluation so 20 min -45 min on the road.

Tues test day the way it works they have instructors that are certified DMV testers. Names are drawn out of a hat for the most part not a matter of who is or isn't ready. Alot we're not. Half of us screw up on air breaks test first day.

wed same as tues and thurs retest for those on tues that didn't pass. My tester passed me while I still don't feel I passed.

send us to DMV to get out temp cdl and next morning orientation. Was in orientation maybe 30 min yet full day if info I missed so no clue what I would have learned at which point the pushed me into phase 1 and now about 5000 miles driving to end of hours everyday as if being pimped by my trainer who instead of instructs just says why do you do stupid things.

Now thinking of leaving and going to a real school instead of what cr England claims to be school. Even knowing I now owe 3600 for bullcrud training

Victor_V Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.