Will I qualify?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by GonnaBTruckin, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GonnaBTruckin

GonnaBTruckin Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2007
    I was kicked out of the army for turning myself in for smokin weed, which at the time was much better than being involuntarily extended as an army recruiter for three years...I didn't even like the army, and they sent me to be a recruiter, but anyway my questions is on my dd 214 my discharge is an Under Honorable Conditions (General) and the Narrative Reason for Seperation says Misconduct (Drug Abuse). Is this gonna keep me from being able to drive? What companies would accept me?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia

how old is the violation ?................

4. Cerberus101

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    and have you been working since ?.................

5. GonnaBTruckin

Mar 12, 2007
    I've been out just under a year, and I've been working since. I'm at my third company now, and none of them have cared about my past really, one was as a subcontractor, one they hired me so I could give my brother a ride to work, and that's really the only reason I took it, and now i have a sales job. They've all been for small companies though, and I'm ready to move into a career that I'll enjoy.

6. Cerberus101

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    it shouldn't hamper you from driving as long as you can pass a drug test now. i see the biggest problem will be is that you have had 3 jobs in less than a year. there seems to be some kind of pattern here.

7. Cerberus101

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    and ask yourself.........would you hire you ?

8. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    They might, there is a real good chance a lot of companies won't but I think a lot of them will too. Cerebrus brings up a good question, they differ in what they will tolerate. I do not believe admission to pot will preclude you from the industry. Felonies, DUI, speeding tickets and accidents play a big role in hiring, so does your work history. Don't disqaulify yourself for screwing up, if one company you like say's no, go with your second choice. Don't sell your mistakes, sell your good points and reveal the mistakes before you leave, don't walk into anyplace with your errors on the face. Right at the top of this site when you come in, it's listed as, hiring level one, more exp. is the next level and so on, get with somebody, put in a year if you can, if not at least six months. Put in a good start and don't make any major errors and more doors will open. drive55cat

9. dstockwell

dstockwell Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Georgia
    3 jobs in less than a year could be a problem.

10. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

What will hurt you is that is a Chapter 9 Discharge and you probably got a RE code of 3& 3C. The drug/alcohol will haunt you even with a General Discharge. How long was you in?

11. GonnaBTruckin

Mar 12, 2007
    I did three years, but I didn't get a chapter 9. I got a chapter 12, with re-entry code 4. Which is a #### no. I basically got tired of being treated like ####, and told em to get bent. It didn't go over too well. When companies do a background check does the dd214 come up?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.