Will my inactive Authority still Age?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Actorguy85, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Actorguy85

Actorguy85 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2021
    I have gone through the steps of getting a semi, DOT, and MC number which is still in the vetting process. The last steps I have to do are get my IFTA setup and insurance attached to my MC just before it is ready. I have been presented with the idea of leasing on to LandStar to learn the ropes of flatbed and step deck which is exciting considering I have only done van. My question is will my DOT & MC number age while I learn new skills with LandStar?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    You will not be active without insurance at anytime, the way I understand, when you activate it later, though your numbers may be lower, it’ll still show you as a “new entrant”

4. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Sounds like a good plan to get going with L/S and have your numbers set a side till you get the feel of where the great paying loads move from, and where the loads are hard to find?

5. nctraveler69

nctraveler69 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Your DOT# will not age to your advantage unless you have a MC# attached and active insurance.

My DOT# is 17 years old and I reactivated it in 2017 with MC and insurance. Fast forward 2 years and I sold my equipment and deactivated my numbers. I bought a truck again 12 months later and reactivated my MC but in the eyes of brokers I was new because my insurance had not been active for 12 months.

And you wont have any sort of new entrant audit without being an active motor carrier with insurance as well.

But get the DOT number now just to have them assigned to you and they are yours.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.