Will the Trucking Industry change in the Future?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by jrayburn, Mar 19, 2018.

1. jrayburn

jrayburn Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Hello hello! My name is Jacob Rayburn, I work with Encore Protection, a large commercial roadside assistance company in the trucking industry. We are currently creating an industry article on the “Future of the Trucking Industry.” The article can be reviewed here: Commercial Roadside Assistance Company | Encore Protection

We are reaching out to gain relevant industry insights and knowledge to help power up the page.

If you're interested or believe someone in your company would be, we need just a couple of sentences (3 or 4 ideally), but whatever you think is necessary to fully answer the questions is very helpful.

1. How do you see technology influencing your industry over the next 5, 10, 20 years? Do you believe roadside assistance will still be necessary?
    2. Do you think autonomous or driver-less freight trucks will become a significant source of trucking? If so, what aspects of the trucking industry do you think would be most affected by this?

Any insights or feedback would be extremely helpful! Assisting with this project gives an added advantage of increased visibility for your brand and driving additional traffic to your website and social media accounts.

For specific questions or inquiries, please feel free to reach out to me at jrayburn@eversparkinteractive.com.

Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Autonomous trucks are going to double the damaged freight claims is my guess and make the roads unsafe as they've ever been

Rollr4872 and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    As long as the epa has its way bud we will always need your hook and chain don't worry you won't be going out of business

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  5. jrayburn

jrayburn Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Thank you for the reply! Would you happen to be able to expand on your statement's regarding the amount of damaged freight? Also, would it be ok to quote you in the article we are creating? If so, please provide your name, position and company. If not, just let me know and we'll be sure to use general language in the article!

6. jrayburn

jrayburn Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I appreciate the reply, sir! How does the EPA impact the industry's need for commercial roadside services? Are there specific regulations or requirements that make it so? Or are they just that involved in the industry and have that much influence?

7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    All of the emission related crap on trucks. DEF, diesel particulate filters, egr [exhaust gas recirculation] is the main reason for breakdowns and the need for roadside assistance. After tire failures that's the 2nd biggest reason for roadside calls id imagine so yes

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Business is reducing costs and increasing sales , everything else is BS. The weak point in trucking is the driver. Freedom creates capitalism. Capitalism creates money. Money fixes problems. When the autonomous trucks stop moving a person will have to go out there to get it to move again. Theres your business.

9. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    The driver is the weak point because most can't drive to save their life and the hos won't let you put in decent hours

10. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    You look to be a AAA type buisness, right?
    To answer your question, the future of trucking will definitely be autonomous. What I foresee is autonomous trucks moving the freight from staging hub to staging hub and local drivers delivering the load locally. The staging hubs could be a combination of a full load and cross dock type facility.

11. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Good answer ... look to Amazon and there is your future.

AZ Pete Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.