Will wrecks with a class D license make it difficult/impossible to acquire a CDL?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Captain Mudsocks, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Captain Mudsocks

Captain Mudsocks Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2019
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask. I was recently in a massive wreck that trashed one vehicle and badly damaged the other. It was caused entirely by the other person, but I'm being blamed for the whole thing because I'm young and he's local. They cited me with inattentive driving. Will this prevent me from getting a class A CDL?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    Getting the license, no. You should be fine

Captain Mudsocks Thanks this.
  4. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Was anybody seriously injured. Was an accident reconstruction expert involved. And were traffic laws violated. Such as failing to yield.

5. Captain Mudsocks

Jan 15, 2019
    OK. Thanks. :) I gotta warn you, say out of Lemhi valley, Idaho if possible. There are constant wrecks. The roads are OK-ish, but these people can't drive.

6. Captain Mudsocks

Jan 15, 2019
    As far as I know, no one was seriously injured. There were no expert on scene. The one who didn't yield was the other driver. He darted out into 65mph traffic. The cop didn't even check our phones, blood alcohol levels, dash cams, or car computer systems. The pictures of vehicle damage make it clear that he was at fault, but it's unlikely that they'll accept my case because the witness backed up his story 100% and there are no experts on anything in this town. He talked to them before even calling the cops, or insurance.

7. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    If you have dash cam evidence. Sue his ###, and drag the cops ### into it to. For filing a false report.

In the days of dash cam and other video. The good old boy system just left the building.

If you have ZERO evidence supporting your claim. Suck it up to experience.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you have not bought a dash cam, get one. It's only a hundred or so dollars if that.

A little bit of video will dispose or expose bigger structural problems in the enforcement.

As long you aint manslaughter or injury you have nothing to worry about.

Captain Mudsocks Thanks this.
  9. Captain Mudsocks

Jan 15, 2019
    I'll do my best with the pictures they took.

10. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    They took?

You got nothing lolol

Pictures? What pictures?

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  11. Captain Mudsocks

Jan 15, 2019
    The cops took pictures. They're not being vindictive, just lazy, so if I do the work, it might help.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.