Williams Transport (Greta NB)

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by itaff, Nov 8, 2016.

1. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Thank goodness for them.. I will let everyone know how AWG goes tomorrow.. Hope it's not too much of a mess.. It is Louisiana, and I find that the lumpers can be a little lazy in the south.. Let's hope for lacksadasical lumpers!! Haha

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rmacjr

rmacjr Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    I was at that AWG about a month ago, my appointment was at 0200, so I had to be there at 12am, I got to Pear River at 1930, so I didn't get much sleep. Then I had to go pick up sugar in New Orleans for a drop in KCKS at Sam's.

itaff Thanks this.
  4. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Well Pearl River AWG wasn't to bad.. I pulled in around 5:30 am for my 6:30 appt.. They told me to go park and before I could pull into the holding spot, my phone rang with a door assignment.. lol

So I docked the trailer and headed inside to deal with the corn issue..

I told them what happen and they said sure, I told them I was going to help lump the load and they said ok..

They must of picked some kid to help they didn't like, because he showed up and his face was sunken as he opened the door.. He acted like he didn't know what to do, and he hadn't even seen the issue yet..

So we started working on removing stop 2 and braking it down.. No problems,,,,

I told him I was going to grab a palet and start working on making the corn we restacked into smaller pallets (make it easier to move).. I did this, took the questionable boxes with tears put them in the middle and good boxes around the outside.. We took plastic wrap and wrapped it all tight.. I guess Pearl River has had issues with this corn befor as they had boxes of it just sitting in the donation pile in a corner..

Anyway, after about 1 or 2 hours we had the whole load broke down and I had nothing regected or returned.. Man that was work.. lol

So I have bananas from Gulfport on now, I woke up to only 1 hr of drive time so I will sit in Oceola AK at the loves until midnight and then burn the midnight oil toward Hy-Vee IA..

It's amazing what we can accomplish when we step back, take a deep breath and just do what has to be done.

Hope all you Truckers are having a great day & stay safe..

rmacjr Thanks this.
  5. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah here at Monson, we are not allowed to touch our loads for any reason, if we do it's termination. They do it for workmans comp. reasons. We also are not allowed to go through AR, fuel tax reasons, they wanted to tax our local trucks in Britt IA as well as the OTR trucks, so for us it's a no go.
    Glad you were able to get it done with no issues, and I am sure it was a lot of work.

itaff Thanks this.
  6. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I seen a few Monson trucks down the road.. What # is you truck and what color?

7. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    My truck number is 591, an old Western Distributing truck, and it can't go to Cali:(

itaff Thanks this.
  8. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Well had 4 days off, went camping and spent some time with the family, it was great..

Back to work today, pick up in Edwardsville, KS for Phoenix, AZ... Appt for P/U was 1900 and I have now been sitting on the door for 6.5 hrs.. Definitely requesting detention on this load, if they were as concerned with loading me as they were smoke brakes I would of been done and gone..

Anyway, my drop time is Thursday at 0400 so I will have no choice but to run this across pretty fast..

Don't know what is coming back, I'll hope for furniture to Furniture Mart, but will excpect Produce to AWG or Hyvee.. We will just have to wait and see

9. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    I loved running Phoenix because I usually got a furniture load back to KC

itaff Thanks this.
  10. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Well I think I'm getting to the point where I have shared enough about Williams that anyone who reads this thread should have a good feeling about who they are..

Pretty much all the trucks are full and no more are coming in this year. So unless someone leaves there will not be any available trucks.. Sounds like the next step is to buy more trailers, as they are now replacing all the trailers over 5 years old..

As for me I'm sitting in Phoenix for a drop tonight.. It should of been last night but the broker messed up.. Oh well let the detention start ;)

After I drop I will bounce 350 miles over to New Mexico and do a 2 pick for Springfield.. Dam that AWG must pay good on produce.. lol .. Springfield has to be there early Sunday for all in all it will be 1400 miles with 2 picks and a drop in 2 days :eek: ... But I think I can make it happen, just going to need a nap after Springfield, Mo.. :cool:

As for me, I'm pretty happy here, don't see myself going anywhere unless somthing local pops open that pays good..

TOP 3 PRO's @ WILLIAMS:

1. Family Atmosphere (Great all around team, from dispatching to safety)

2. Great Equipment

3. Home Time (They really work with you and get you home when you needed it)

TOP 3 CONS:

1. Pay (unless you get the bonus, pay could be .3 - .6 cents a mile higher)

2. Insurance (As the company growers the group plan will get better, already seen some improvements, I'm sure more will come)

3. The Women in the office :D They are all too dam pretty, it's somewhat distracting o_O ... I don't know if Randy knows how to hire ugly gals.. haha

So with that said, unless anyone has any questions, I think I'm pretty much about done with this thread.. If w have any major changes I jump on and let you know..

If any drivers that work for Williams want to continue with that they think here, please fell free to do so..

Good Luck Drivers!! God Bless & I hope you are all safe out on the road.. If you see me down the road, my handle is Laffey Taffey, give me a shout out!! :confused2:

rmacjr Thanks this.
  11. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Thanks for the tread, it was good reading.

itaff Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.