Willing to share Business Plan for starting trucking company?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by michaelHH, Jul 14, 2022.

1. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    That South Florida thing is going to sting when you go to get insurance. I'd suggest you find a tractor you think might fit your operation. Call for insurance quotes before spending money on anything else.

Siinman, Tekna, JoeyJunk and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    one at a time!

4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Wait, what? That wasn't a book, it was a flyer!!

Coffey, larry2903, Siinman and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Now you're just insulting my intelligence. I can shur nuff get through a flyer in one day...

Coffey, larry2903, Siinman and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Big Road Skateboard

May 2, 2021
    And you probably got the one step version, although it was still very well written. Brought on during covid and expensive paper pricing.

"1. Buy a truck and go to work."

7. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    The two step version is easier to follow. The one step version is just too much thrown at you all at once.

Anyways, I put a puzzle together today in eight hours. Pretty proud of myself, considering the box said "6 to 8 months".

8. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Oh man.
    You’re just buying headaches using partners and investors

remember , you heard it here first , you WILL regret having partners and investors .
    Because there’s is.m NO way they will ever be happy with the way the tiny bit of profit you may have left over every quarter is divided up among them .

You will have 109% of the headaches and the partners and investors will demand 33% of the money .

and there is no way to write this up and document it so that you have a business plan to dissolve the business and pay the debts .

who’s gonna pay the insurance and truck payment when the driver quits or gets sick or has an accident or the engine blows ?
    Who’s gonna pay the repair bills ?

what if one of the partners or investors gets sick does or gets divorced ?
    How do you handle that ?

I’m telling you , you’re just asking for trouble having too many cooks in the kitchen . all of them will be experts telling you what to do and there won’t be enough profit to share .

Most of the time there is barely enough profit for the one person that owns and drives the truck .

if you want to own a truck and drive it , fine , you can do that but it’s best to learn the business by working for someone else .

if you wanted to own and operate a pizza restaurant or nail salon wouldn’t you think it would be prudent to work at one for a year or two and learn the business before you went into debt and spent all your savings buying one and attempting to run it ?

what’s your plan to find the loads ?
    Do you have that lined up yet ?
    Do you know someone at a shipping department somewhere that can get your foot in the door ?

or are you going to use brokers and make a broker rich by letting them skim all the profit off the top of the good paying loads ?

9. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    I’ll say it again. My uncles truck company is 4 partners. After almost 20 years in business, everybody is fine but nobody can retire.

10. PakMak

PakMak Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2022
    People like you are the problem, when there’s lots of people like you the market turns to ####. Just get it over with and start your path to bankruptcy so you can do your part.

11. Big Road Skateboard

May 2, 2021
    Did they start 30k, one investor, and two great drivers? Probably coulda had millions with good leadership......

Siinman and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.