Wilson Logistics (Missoula, MT)

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SoulScream84, Apr 2, 2020.

1. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Was headed for Denver but was a day ahead of schedule, so got a call as I was cleaning tar ti firepower a load. Delivering now in MO; still getting adjusted to life on the road, and also to this fleet manager.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SoulScream84

Mar 21, 2020
    Well had a load planned for Oakland, we'll see if I still have it tomorrow. Called shipper and my load isn't dead for another 30 hours.

4. SoulScream84

Mar 21, 2020
    This week went from great to crap in a big plop. I was sitting at 1400 miles when I went off duty Wednesday when I got the dispatch for a 1900 mile run, but it's a live meat load. It's now Saturday morning and I'm still sitting here... I knew it would happen eventually with reefer, but it's always a kick in the balls.

D.Tibbitt and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. SoulScream84

Mar 21, 2020
    Well 3.5 weeks and I've got my first problem load I can't fix. Unloaded and loaded yesterday, but by the time I got loaded I was out of HOS; with no parking allowed on premises. That's not a problem since we can legally Personal Conveyance to the nearest safe haven. The problem is I was able to scale the load, and after coming back on duty found out I was 1300 over on drives with no further adjustments possible for load. Supposed to deliver tonight, but may have to get it rescheduled.

D.Tibbitt and Rattlayitdown Thank this.
  6. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Do you have an APU and full tanks?

7. SoulScream84

Mar 21, 2020
    EPU and less than 1/4. They double stacked starting in the nose, was a new loader.

8. SoulScream84

Mar 21, 2020
    I haven't touched base in a while, but things have been good overall. Aside from the previously mentioned issue with a night guy everything has been cool, calm and professional. Miles have started picking up (average about 24-26/wk), and overall equipment has been great. Right now waiting to get paperwork north of SLC, then taking trailer to the yard so they can solve what is going on with it at night. Last 2 at roughly 0130-0330 I've been getting alarms going from the reefer, and my sleep has been seriously impacted.

Overall still the best company I've dealt with, even if the fuel economy business does get me passed all day.

rachi, D.Tibbitt, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Wilson is heavy in Spokane. A couple of lots here in town right by my barn. Gateway to in Inland Northwest. Don’t associate this with PNW here as you know. But if your in Missoula, you already know

10. SoulScream84

Mar 21, 2020
    I'm on the OTR/PRIME side of things, that's actually my only complaint. Dealing with my load managers has been a cinch, but the few occasions I've dealt directly with Prime they're pricks.

D.Tibbitt and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. Metacoyote

Metacoyote Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Does Wilson have many SE lanes? I live in Atlanta and was wondering if I'd ever get home if I drove for them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.