Wink Trailer Corporation End Dumps

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by SL3406, Jan 14, 2012.

1. SL3406

SL3406 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I have been looking at these online for a while and was wondering if anyone on here has pulled one? I like the idea of being able to haul rip rap in a trailer that only weighs 10K pounds, but I'm curious how well they hold up long term.

http://www.winktrailercorp.com/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    Sorry don't have any knowledge about them. They do look like a good trailer.

4. 1988pete379

1988pete379 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    North East TX
    Saw them at the GAT show in 2010 and like the loks of them jsut a high priced trailer that is made out of plastic I think that Hall trucking out of Tx is using 1 or 2 of them seems like I saw it at the GATS show this last yr.

5. PMiller

PMiller Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Elizabethtown, Pa
    I'd be careful with them. I know a guy who has one in PA and has had it back to the shop numerous times. He has a spread axle but the frame doesn't extend between the axles and the front takes a lot of abuse. Maybe he isn't doing something right (lifting the axle while turning) but from what I've heard I'm not impressed.

SL3406 Thanks this.
  6. theroller

theroller Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Idaho
    The plastic used is UHMW Polyethylene. The plastic is made in sheets and has to be welded together to make one large continuous piece. There have been plastic welds failing across the country on these trailers. I'm just not sure how well the plastic and the welds can hold up to the forces and pressures its up against over time.

SL3406 Thanks this.
  7. Marc Letourneau

Marc Letourneau Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Worcester Massachusetts
    If you were to be doing Rip Rap all the time you should consider a trailer like the Benson Ironman dump trailer. You will have the high lift gate and you won't be beating the hell out of it every time you dump.

8. fishhook

fishhook Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2008
    OH
    The guy that owns Wink also owned ATM (American Trailer Mfg, now out of business) that made half round trailers,and was involved in designing MAC's half round.

9. Bigfoot62

Bigfoot62 Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Louisiana
    Or a Clement Rock Star.

10. southtx

southtx Light Load Member

May 22, 2011
    hondo, tx
    Bill hall jr. Trucking in san antonio texas has severak of them, might want to give them a call and see how they like em

11. rockhauler89

rockhauler89 Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2011
    We had one and sent it back. Paid 45k+ for one and it always fell apart. They weren't happy about finding out they have fault products. Also the Bill Hall Jr. Trucks that pull their trailers are show trucks and aren't used out in the field. I have had hundreds of trailers in the past and had 70+ trucks and never had this much of a problem as we did with the Wink Trailer. I would steer clear and bite the bullet on a all aluminum Travis Wedge. No problems at all. From when we had it it cost us more than what we were saving because of all the problems weight wise.

SL3406 and LongBlackTrain Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.