Winter I40 - Indy to Pomona

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DBIGUY, Jan 20, 2019.

1. DBIGUY

DBIGUY Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Hi All,
    Ok, I have made a couple runs from Indy to Pomona via I40-I15 in November and had no issues.
    Getting ready to take off tomorrow and I have kept an eye on weather as I have not driven in much snow/ice conditions. Looking at the weather I am not to concerned but curious about the couple of grades in NM and AZ. If weather map looks clear and no weather been through are these generally clear rolling? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Arizona DOT statewide map situation Traffic, weather etc.

Focus on Winslow and Flagstaff section. That would be where winter will rage if you are not careful.

AZ 511 - ADOT

Winterstorm Harper has gone past Indiana and is currently concentrated east of Indianapolis all the way to maine

PA, NJ, NY has banned all Semi trucks so you are not going that way any time soon.

You have a new winter storm developing in the dakotas all the way down to NM. So check with that weather constantly this week. We expect some weather here in Arkansas again later this week from this system on our I-40. It could be anything, but usually rain if anything.

Zer0chick and DBIGUY Thank this.
  4. DBIGUY

DBIGUY Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Thanks, Williams is where I usually stop for the night. Should be there Wednesdayafternoon/evening.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You can take 40 to Santa Rosa NM go down to Alamogordo get 10 to southern California.

You can also drop down to Memphis to Dallas to southern California. That might be 240 miles more. You can double check

Zer0chick and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. Zer0chick

Zer0chick Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2018
    USA
    I’m taking 20 to SoCal from Maryland for just this reason. So far so good on the 20.

LoSt_AgAiN and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Watch out for the rough roads in Louisiana.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.