Winter Storm Avery, Storm Number One. Cranking up...

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by x1Heavy, Nov 14, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    To start off, here is the NOAA Hazards Map in real time.

NWS - Watch, Warning, Advisory Display

Second Off, Focusing on I-81 Virginia in the Blacksburg Area. NWS page local office, forecasting a ice storm, snow event followed by actually a expected flooding problem east of I-81 into NC later into the weekend.

Blacksburg, VA

This is a experimental page that will display Ice Accumulation in tenth of a inch. FYI, Utilities are designed to withstand anywhere from .25 to .50 inches before failing under the weight of ice on the lines themselves.

I-81 is expecting 0.30 inches relatively quickly as the storm cranks tonight.

Winter Weather Experimental Probabilistic Snowfall and Ice

Arkansas is getting about a inch to two of special snow which has either a raindrop inside of it, making small pea shaped snow falling down or ice inside of it pellet form. We expect a FOOT into Southern Half of Illinois, A foot into Eastern Shore, a Foot or more particularly in West Virginia state wide relatively quickly followed by further blasts of big snow involving the entire Midwest, Northeast and midatlantic combined with a bad icing event in the Shenandoah Valley as well as the Ohio among other places pending.

PA in particular is expecting to get hit really hard. Call it the middle third of the state from Elmira-Binghampton straight south to Cumberland Md-Frederick Md to be walloped.

I can go on. But this will be sufficient to get things started tonight as this new storm named system cranks into a proper Winter Noreaster.

If you aint escaped by now into the west, you aint getting out any time soon. Be safe.

Smut, tucker, Rocks and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Yeah... weather SUCKS here in Brazil right now... :biggrin_2552:

5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Murphy Brown named her baby Avery.

x1Heavy and Rocks Thank this.
  6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    FFS can we stop naming the ******* storms. Seriously it is ******* snow and ice. Same a s last ******* year, same as it will be next ******* year.

That said 69 out of Indiana at the Ohio River Bridge was dicey tonight.

ira1377 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    I yanked a guy out of ditch and towed him. He goes you think we're gonna get anything off this storm? I answered probably just rain. The guy goes well it don't matter I got four wheel drive bring on the snow. I said to him dude you can't even drive on dry pavement let alone snow...

My Massachusetts friends say it's snowing.

88228822, Infosaur, Smut and 2 others Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

It is not me naming them. It's the National Weather Service.

Arkansas has gotten seriously dangerous tonight. Whatever is wet now is frozen creating black ice warnings from Memphis across towards Little Rock. We wont get above freezing until morning light late.

National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary

Smut and tucker Thank this.
  9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I heard it was slick around Evansville,
    I’m 50 miles east of there and it’s 32 and sprinkling. The roads are just wet but ice is opening on the mirror and trees and power lines.

06driver and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There should still be a truckstop above Rockport about 20 minutes at the interstate on the Ohio Bridge route. You might find safety there.

I'll update your weather come morning if you havent already done so for yourself. Wesr of you in Illinoi you have a major storm.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.