Winter weather and Brakes..

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by blackw900, Nov 14, 2009.

1. last 1

last 1 Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2009
    That's exactly what I do, don't forget to give the adjusters a little love also :biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FalconsDesire

FalconsDesire Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Have any of you heard of this happening in warm weather with rain?

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive been under them rigs with a ball peen a time or two beating on the drums until they sing. Once they sang it's time to get out from under there. That was my lesson number one in really cold weather -40 that day roughly not including wind. (Also needed natural or close to rubber airlines, the plastic ones I had snapped while coming around in a hard jack to park that day. Popped both of them in the cold. That was lesson number two.

Lesson number three Fuel at 1500 idle set. Go inside when your fingers or cheekbones burn on the face or fingers. (Frostbite or worse warning) I think it was around -55 that night. Took us a hour to get 200 something gallons on. Probably the one of two or three times we ever had that engine flat out while fueling trying to get heat anyway we can. Cab inside was around 56 or so we had jackets and so on on. A wife is very handy for sleeping in that type of situation.

I don't do so well in the cold anymore. There was a time I laugh at it. But I think it's been (Frozen) burned out of me once too many times.

5. Brickwall

Brickwall Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Does warm water freeze?

ChaoSS Thanks this.
  6. Opendeck

Opendeck Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    If you put it in a freezer, or leave it outside in the winter

7. Brickwall

Brickwall Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2018
    It's not warm then is it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.