wiper possibilities for '96 T600?

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by FloydNasby, Nov 22, 2015.

1. FloydNasby

FloydNasby Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Austin, TX
    The wiper arm and blades on my T600 are real noisy and not very effective. Anyone got any suggestions for possible upgrades? They work but man, are they noisy and the coverage is minimal. The only blades I can find to fit are crappy and they won't flip on the return swipe, so they wipe one way and "chatter/push" the other way. Any thoughts on this problem would be appreciated.......Floyd

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    If your talking about the blades you put the screw thru,they make a adapter to use a regular beam blade. As for the noise,your pivots and linkage probably worn out.
    Adapter should be trp part# wm03041

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Reason for edit: Part #
    jammer910Z, MJ1657 and rollin coal Thank this.
  4. FloydNasby

FloydNasby Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Austin, TX
    I'll look for that adapter and thanks for pointing out that the pivots and linkage are probably worn out. That's exactly what's wrong! Now to find replacement parts. I love junkyards! Thanks again

5. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Any KW or Pete dealer should be able to order that part#. Spray your pivots with a Teflon lube til you can find replacements,it won't collect dirt like oil based will.

6. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    You might try Rain-X to help reduce friction.

7. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    Does that stuff really work, or does it leave a sort of film on windshield ?

8. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    I use it with very good results. When my wipers start scraping I apply a fresh coat it only take a min with a long handle sponge, let dry and then buff. new wipers make it even better. The water beads off the windshield, it,s like magic. One large bottle can last about a year.

9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I don't care for rain-x. Once you apply it you better re-apply it religiously every month or you will regret that you didn't. The "coating" has to be maintained. As it "wears out" or loses its effectiveness it will cause rain to smear on your windshield from the wipers basically rendering them useless. Once in a sudden hard downpour I #### near ran off the road into the median because I didn't maintain the rain-x coating and my wipers did nothing at all to help me see. Was similar to driving in fog where you can't see the hood ornament it's so thick. Really causes a pucker. It works great when it's on there new just don't get lazy about re-applying it periodically.

truckon Thanks this.
  10. RockyMtnKw

RockyMtnKw Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2015
    If you ever have the streaking problem with rain x as it loses it strength and starts to streak and your bottle is empty or lost in the abyss of your hotel room sized sleeper a good trick is to use a product called "glass cleaner" with ammonia. Here are steps to application.
    1 shut off truck motor
    2 put keys in your pocket.
    3 unlatch hood " both sides"
    4 open hood
    5 climb up on drivers side steer tire
    6 spray glass cleaner on windshield or windshields.
    7wipe with clean paper towel
    8 repeat if needed

This product also works great for removing bugs road grime and dust from windshields and other glass too.

Glad I could help

RockyMtnKw.

11. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I just made a post asking for info on a rumored adapter part I'd heard about like this! . Thank you. I'm off on a mad search now. Almost 4mil miles of crappy wiper blades .... maybe the next 2 mil will be blissful and I can see at night in the rain , thanks to you!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.