With points so much better at Loves , Whats out of box reason to fuel elsewhere ?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by RockyTopTn4life, Jan 31, 2019.

1. RockyTopTn4life

RockyTopTn4life Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Just wondering , maybe lower traffic in and out etc ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerVinny

TruckerVinny Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ohio
    I finally activated a Love's card but haven't used it much yet. I still find myself fueling at FJ/Pilot for points. FJ/Pilot usually has better restaurants attached, that usually turns the tide. Maybe I'll do a focus week next week and only fuel at Love's. See what happens.
    I'm a Wendy's guy, can't stand Hardees or McDs.

bzinger and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  4. RockyTopTn4life

RockyTopTn4life Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Well loves points ,once there a month is usually 3 times higher than others

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't do silly points.

I fuel when I #### well feel like it. Usually half tanks in winter. And half tanks in the summer in the American High desert or sonoran. (American SW) I had accumulated by then a small collection of what I thought to be right descent fueling places. I fuel when I felt like it, and always after getting empty on the way to loading.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Room to maneuver, room to park. Nearly every Loves I've seen is a small ### place that's a ##### to get out of if the lines 3 deep at all the pumps.

7. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Pilot/Flying J has better rewards for certain compainies. We get 4 point a gallon at Mercer and don’t have to fuel any certain amount. My girlfriend used to drive for a fed ex ground contractor and got some ridiculous points, like 15 a gallon. She’d have a $200 balance after just a couple weeks

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I get 4 points per gallon at Loves. I use PFJ as a last resort. That equates to around $500 dollars annually and that goes a long ways in keeping my factory fridge full of cold beverages and a few snacks in the cupboard. I’m only out for four days and three nights per week. I bring my own meals from home so the lack of sit down restaurants isn’t much of an issue for me.

I rarely have to wait for a shower at Loves. The people are friendlier and Loves are just more clean all around.

BigHossVolvo and tscottme Thank this.
  9. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I pay for the fuel, so I fuel where the price minus fuel tax is the lowest. Even with the points considered, the mega chains' prices aren't at all competitive with the smaller outfits. They're fleecing the little guys.

10. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    The big chains are only after the big company money, they gotta be giving them a heck of a discount to get it.

roshea Thanks this.
  11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Too bright inside Loves.

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.