Women need not to apply at ffe/kllm

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by wind catcher, Mar 24, 2017.

1. wind catcher

wind catcher Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2012
    I am in training now and really feel I made a wrong turn somewhere in Albuquerque. The females trainers are for the most part all owner operators and very uppity. You will not feel welcomed once you leave the school but more of a bother to them. In all reality they need you to get a paycheck but treat you like a red headed step child or worst at frozen food express/kllm out if jackson ms. You are literally on your own once you leave the school in landcaster tx. I guess that is why you take a exit exam upon returning to landcaster after 6 weeks of hell. I guess more than me has complained. The staff at the school are wonderful but not the trainers. They got they own set of rules they follow and feel they dont have to answer to anybody. The women talk down to you like small children. You are nothing more to them than money. teaching you anything is the farthest from their minds. I over heard my trainer talking on the cell phone while driving about the money. These guys are bringing home close to $8k before taxes. See my point in regards to training. So if you are a female definitely don't apply here. You will regret it. The future will be dark and fully of doom around every bend.

Joeben and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BQ Truck Driver

BQ Truck Driver Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2017
    So....your sole experience is enough for a company wide female trainer generalization? Interesting....

QuietStorm, DTP, FireLotus and 3 others Thank this.
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You shouldnt label all female trainers as bad request a new trainer.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    FFE/KLLM has a very specific program to follow over time to train people. Male or female does not matter. I was a trainer for wife with FFE during the 2000-2001 time period it took to develop her from former Marine to Second seat full driver in the truck without restrictions or problems. Any issues discovered during training was retrained until she learned it. She has to learn it. Example backing a trailer. Because she will be tested by company at completion of training time. My own ability to continue as either a team driver or a trainer depends on trainees being trained. I have no time for tears or mental issues beyond the simple focus of getting a particular tractor trailer from A to B and backed into a dock and unload the freight.

School is not there to teach you trucking. When you are up on Donner going up against Nature in a winter storm and have a schedule to keep at the bottom of same regardless of weather night or day, you must function. We all have to start somewhere. And the best expression being a trucker is to never see Lancaster for 6 months or a year if necessary because you are out there making money and running freight like you are supposed to. Not everyone is going to make it in trucking. It is incredibly demanding.

As far as the trainer pay, the pay comes to around 1500 in 2001 money after taxes. That is usually enough money so that it literally does NOT MATTER to a trainer. It piles up in the bank provided that the trainee is trained following the manual issued to the trainer by FFE/KLLM. The salary is provided so that if we have to sit in Oklahoma somewhere in burnt field truckstop for half a day teaching someone to back the #### thing into a parking space we can do it. Provided there is time in the frieght to do it. Mileage does not matter each week on a salary.

The trainee usually has some money coming until Training is complete. The best of them will store that money away against recieving first truck and going out on own so that if the week's mileage is short then it's short you have savings to fall back on. If you did not like (And it appears you don't) how the trainers behaved around you, then you take the trainer program and go do better training others. If none of your trainees ever complained about the things YOU are complaining about... then... You did good.

If a trainer is on the cell phone while driving talking about the money then they should not be with the company anymore. Their focus is no longer on you the trainee. No wonder you are screwed up.

misterG, QuietStorm, Mike2633 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Sounds to me like these alleged "trainers" certainly want the money, but God forbid they should ever be bothered to do what it takes to earn it. :rolleyes:

7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I was thinking about this during breakfast this morning.

It bothers me that a trainee should post on here and say that trainers talk money among each other while supposidely training this trainee who is not being trained.

If this is a sysemtatic "Cancer" or god forbid a "Rot" inside FFE/KLLM, then I think the bosses in those outfits should eyeball the trainers as a whole, fire the bad ones who like money too much and start over with trainers who will by god train this poor trainee...

8. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Lol, this is true with most of these "trainers"

When I started with Covenant the trainers got .72 cpm for every mile the truck ran and great long ups/fedex/freight type loads . Plus a bonus each time the students(s) passed their final exam. Covenant also let 2 students on a truck at a time so with the right dispatcher the miles were almost unlimited

9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    TWO students on a truck? YEE... trainer gets to loll in the pax seat having grapes fed to him or her. lolz. /sarcastic...

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Like when I was with Swift... First trainer was an l/o. He had to train as otherwise there was no way to make the truck payment. Wanna take a guess how committed he was to training?
    Now my second trainer, was a company driver, he actually trained.

Going back to the op though. It's not females. It's that these l/o's (not o/o's btw) have to train to make that truck payment. You said 8k is what she makes. Maybe right. But then pull out fuel, truck payment, insurance, etc.. and the sad thing is for all the hassle of being an l/o, they make barely more than than a company driver at the best of times. At the worst, well there is a reason just about everyone on this forum will recommend staying away from leases.

11. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Yes, Covenant was really big on training Husband /Wife teams so it worked out pretty good for both parties. to me it always seemed weird , especially when it was 3 men in the truck because it's kind of small back there

My trainer was pretty awesome so I can't complain .

Canned Spam and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.