Women Truck Drivers working at Central Refrigerated????

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by Hot wings, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Hot wings

Hot wings Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Covington GA
    Hello, are there many women truck drivers out there that drive for central refrigerated service. If so how was it working with the trainer? Was it a male or female. How many miles do you average a week. I already Have a class A but still have to go to school. Because I only drove a tractor to get my license back in 2006. I've been driving dump trucks but no experience in tractor.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    There's another Central thread in this same area. If you go there and reask your question, I'm sure you'll get an answer. There is at least 1 female on that thread that I know of. Hope this helps some.

4. Hot wings

Hot wings Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Covington GA
    Thank you for the information.

5. cityboi

cityboi Bobtail Member

May 5, 2010
    houston tx
    the treatment of women at central sucks the people are pretty nice as far as the facility goes . thers maybe two women trainers and if you want one of them be prepared to wait. our training class started out with four women three of us made it past class to otr none of us still employed there

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I do not think they treat female drivers different than male drivers.
    That may be why some females get upset, I do not know.
    They expect all to run, and all to sit at times.
    There were allot of female drivers there when I was working at Central. Some were happy some not. Same with the males.
    Most that go thru training are not with the company in 6 months, male or female.
    About 2 drivers total will make it thru a year out of a decent size orientation group.

7. shirleyp

shirleyp Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2010
    well folks i drove for the co for 23 years and was in the office for alittle over a year i had a great experience in both places i have to say that when i got laid off out of the office i cried really hard cause i really liked my job it has turned out to be sort of a blessing but am still looking for a job i will not drive again my age is against me my reflexes are alot slower than i think they need to be but all in all it was a great run and i had alot of fun met alot of great people and am glad i did it and i not change it :biggrin_255:

Brokenwings and Lady K Thank this.
  8. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Well Shirley. As long as you come back here to see this at some point.
    Google online for stores that do "Made in America". If you can show that the yarn, any dye etc in the items are all made in America, then maybe some of those stores will sell your items.
    I know there is one in Buffalo NY, but as I said ,all items must be 100% made in America. Including everything that goes into making them.

9. shirleyp

shirleyp Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2010
    thanks for the help there on the balankets but i cant gaurentee that all of my products are made in the us as i use sheets for the backing they are big enough and there are no seams i have beenlooking for some that are us made but that is a challenge we have allowed more jobs to go to overseas textiles it appears are mostly made in other countries and well as many of our finished goods sorry to say :biggrin_25510:

10. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Yup, that is what makes it hard.
    I know that there are some around. May cost a bit more, but the quality will be better and you will have a marketing angle. Since you will be able to market them as 100% Made in the USA.

11. Smurfette

Smurfette Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    So no one has said anything on this thread in a while so I thought Id pipe in. I start at Central on the 11th of Oct. Me and my roommate are both starting the same day. Im excited and Nervous. I know my chances of getting a female trainer are very slim so I dont mind riding with one of the guys. Just thought Id toote my own horn.

Lady K and cyn1123 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.