Wondering if anyone can give me advice

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Brand84, Jan 12, 2022.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    They make $100 because they are in day cabs, correct? Are you certain or is this just driver talk?

As far as you staying out M-F, you were supposed to speak out 6 months ago. Even so, apply at other companies, and don’t say anything to your current gig.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    My two thoughts.
    You were fine with getting 25 a night until you heard someone else was getting 100. You’re still getting the 25 you agreed to, that’s not getting screwed.

Dang near every other sleeper truck on the road gets nothing per night layover. It’s just part of the gig.

As for signing on for a home most nights gig, and getting a home on weekends, that’s not “right”. I had a similar situation happen to me where I was making a flat rate per day running a day cab. I agreed to an occasional 600 mile run with mostly 400 mile runs. After 6 months of running 600 miles 4-5 days a week, I quit. Only you can decide if the pay is worth it. I moved on to an otr company and immediately got a 60% raise, after 7 years I make 2.5 times more here. Sometimes ya just have to jump ship if it’s not what you want to do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.