Wondering if I am black listed

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DevilDog79, Jul 6, 2014.

1. DevilDog79

DevilDog79 Light Load Member

12 yrs ago during a layoff from a major chemical plant i was working at on the Mississippi I went to work for C R ENGLAND. Not knowing a thing about the trucking industry and realizing what I was getting into. I went to their school, they screwed up and never had me sign paperwork so my CDL training was free..lol, and had a really good trainer. When I was cut loose I was asked if I would like to recover abandoned trucks for them. I agreed and recovered 3 before I ran into a problem. The trucks A/C was broken and it was a Friday afternoon in Indianapolis and the temp was 102 in mid July. I contacted C R England and asked for an emergency approval to get my A/C fixed and it was denied. Then I was told to just gut it out in the truck until I could pick up a load on Monday morning to head back to Salt Lake City. Being new I was pissed that a company could expect a driver to sit in a hot truck all weekend and would not pay for the A/C repair and it was an abandoned truck at that that I had flown out to get. So I fueled up and drove all night to Spartanburg, SC pulled into their yard walked in and handed them the keys and quit. Now I am wanting to get back in trucking since my kids are all grown and gone and i have been on a medical retirement for the last 10 yrs. I know I can pass the CDL physical and I am willing to attend CDL school at a local community college here in NC but I am wondering if my quitting CR back then will come back to haunt me. Thanks for taking the time to read this...Semper Fi

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 3241987

3241987 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2014
    I see no problem there .... High turnover in this industry. You took the truck to there yard and quit , thats how most quit this business. This job is flopping whoppers , just on wheels and for lower pay. Submit apps the worst thing would be .... nothing , no one calls you back.

DevilDog79 and playamwj12 Thank this.
  4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    If this was 12 years ago you won't even have to list them in your employment history.

Lepton1, drvrtech77 and DevilDog79 Thank this.
  5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Highly unlikely.People have quit companies for a lot worse reasons then you.But unless you're willing to accept an abandone trk no matter what the shape it could be in as long as its dot ready,I would suggest not taking that position ever again.Companies try and save money when they can and as long as it's drivable,they'll wait till the truck gets to their shop.But keep in mind if you do drive again,there may be a time you're AC will go out and very doubtful you'll get approval to get it fixed on the road unless you pay for it.

Milkman719 and DevilDog79 Thank this.
  6. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Since DAC entries remain on your record for 7 years, that has fallen off your record.

DevilDog79 Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    They stay on your record that long?That's ridiculous.DACS should be wiped off the net completely.

Derailed Thanks this.
  8. fishnman

fishnman Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Peoria ,Az
    According to CDL Hunter.com, some info stays on your DAC for up to ten years. After 7 yrs. accidents, work record and eligibility for re-hire will be removed. So, after twelve years, you've nothing to be concerned about. But you may have to get a New CDL, or at least take a refresher course.. And you may want to do some extensive research before you sign on with one of those mega-carriers.. They promise you everything, but just trying to get what they say you're entitled to can be a time-consuming nightmare.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    pattyj Thanks this.
  9. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    i am pretty sure it is 10 years, as you are required to provide the past 10 years of employment history if you were subject to DOT/FMCSA laws...It olny makes sense that the DAC goes back that far as well.

10. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    The “medical retirement” is probably your biggest concern depending on the nature of it.

11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    There's nothing alarming on my dac but companies can put whatever they want and other potential employers believe it.There is no justice in this industry for the trk driver,NONE.Always guilty till proven innocent.Then things stay on your dac 7 or 10 yrs either one is still a very unreasonable amount of time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.