Woo-hoo!! Pre-hired with GTI

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by joshmck1982, Jan 22, 2009.

1. joshmck1982

joshmck1982 Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Greensburg, IN
    Hey all! Just found out today that I was approved for pre-hire with Gordon Trucking. I've been hoping for this one. Have read a ton of posts on here about them and I've hardly seen anything negative about them. The recruiter told me that only about 40% of their applicants are approved so I feel really good to be one of them. To anyone who currently drives for GTI, any info or advice you can give me would be great. I still have to go to school for my CDL but as soon as that's done, I'm all set and very excited about it. Thanks everyone for all of your info up to this point.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Didnt know that they trained students???

All the ones that I have met along the road where capable and experienced drivers.......God's best to ya:yes2557:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  4. joshmck1982

Jan 7, 2009
    Greensburg, IN
    Thanks for the well wishes. Hope to see you out on the road.

5. Ron M

Ron M Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Central Oregon
    Congratulations, their a top notch company from what I've heard, good luck.

6. ronnieb67

ronnieb67 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Benton City, Wa
    joshmck1982, glad to hear you got hired with us. You are right that it is hard to get on with GTI. I have talked to a ton of drivers on the road who have told me that they were turned down and were puzzled. I asked about it and was told that they want only the best and that they get lots of apps so they can be choosey. I really like it here at GTI. Things are not as good as a few years ago, but that is because of the pinch with the economy. GTI is a very conservative minded company who is fiscally sound and doesn't skimp on safety. Don't play games with your logs, tell the truth, and always do the safe thing and you will be ok. They will treat you right, if you do right by them. I really don't like to "recruit" for companies, because I don't trust any of them. This is a buisness pure and simple. They look out for their interests and I look out for mine. I have worked for other companies and I would say that GTI is by far the best that I have worked for.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask me.:biggrin_25525:

prancerdog and snakeskin Thank this.
  7. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    I'm glad to hear so many great things about GTI. I have 2 more weeks left in school and got prehired...so the fact that they are picky is good news because I have a great work attitude and don't want to jump ship from a company. In fact they told me to complete school first and call them the next day to set up an orientation date...Hell Werner just threw dates at me for orientation.Go figure huh...:biggrin_255:

8. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    How long did it take to get aproved after you applied?

9. joshmck1982

Jan 7, 2009
    Greensburg, IN
    It took about a week or so. My app was faxed from me to a school and then the school faxed it to GTI for me. So, I'm not totally sure when the app was received.

10. Hottub

Hottub Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Hey joshmck1982,
    What school did you attend ?

11. MiDnItEbUg

MiDnItEbUg Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I'm sure it's great to get the word you got a pre-hire. I'm starting school and I can't wait until that day comes for me. I've probably posted half a dozen aps, paper ones, online one, left emails and voicemails, snail mails and text mails. I'm hoping, when I contact the right one, the good news will be forthcomming and I can sigh that breath of relief that you now know. I've keep my nose squeeky clean and been with my employer for 6 years...I hope to get the good news that you have. Congrats, and keep the forum posted! Also, hi everyone, I'm Midnight...It's good to be part of it here at the Truckers Report.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.