Woodland questions

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by carterbeauford, Jan 6, 2017.

1. carterbeauford

carterbeauford Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northwestern PA
    Thinking about making more money in 2017. I see Woodland is hiring. I live 100 miles from there.

How are they with not making you drive at night? I only drive between 6AM and 10PM. I will not drive when I am supposed to be sleeping at the risk of wrecking a truck. I am not in my 20s anymore. My current employer has been respectful of this.

How are they with honoring time off for doctors appointments and family functions? Between my wife and I we have a lot of doctors appointments. We also have a 2 year old.

Any of their trucks have automatic transmissions? Have driven one for the last 7 years and see no reason to go back to a manual.

Hometime? Currently get around 72 hours a weekend off. I have a life outside of trucking.

I do not think I'd be a good fit for Walmart. I worked for TMC for 2 years and big company culture is not for me. I could have played by their rules but there was no incentive. Currently have a pretty comfortable job and no reason to leave other than more money and more time at home. I think I could try playing by Walmart's rules for $82K a year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. $16 Chauffeurs Lic

$16 Chauffeurs Lic Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2016
    they set up there dispatch and delivery system for day light hours

4. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    I work approximately 4 full days and usually less than 8 hours on my fifth. Get about 58 hours at home per week. 99+% trucks are 10speed manual. I've only been in 1 auto. Like stated above most driving is done between 0600-2200 depending on when you start your day I usually try to run between 0500 till 1900. Nothing like TMC or any other mega carrier. Everyone is friendly respectful and seams to care about any issues you bring to them. Also not micro managed to death. They offer different programs like a 5 on 5 off this might work out well for you. Hope this answers some of your questions

5. Aaabbbccc

Aaabbbccc Light Load Member

You've answered all your own questions. Enjoy your job where you are.

MilkyJay Thanks this.
  6. NCdriver

NCdriver Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    If the reason for leaving is just about the money stay where you are at.

grabberblue12 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.