Working as a freight broker from European country

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by justtoask, Jun 27, 2016.

1. justtoask

justtoask Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Hi all.
    As far as i know it's possible to work as a dispatcher from foreign country (Lithuania to be exact). Some time ago i came across a website which had some Lithuanian names listed as a dispatchers (unfortunately i can't find it anymore).
    So, i'd like to know how companies hire from abroad? Maybe someone of you know such company and could tell something more?
    How i could check my availability to become one of dispatchers? I am dealing with European transport companies at my current job, but i fully understand that freight dispatching in USA is absolutely different experience.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    Reason for edit: word edit
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    You can work from anywhere in the world such as places like Bulgaria. However many of the web based load boards like DAT and ITS will block foreign IP addresses so you have to set up a VPN or something of that nature to get around this. The other thing is some foreign countries may block some US based web sites which again will require some fancy routing of your IP to get around.

With VOIP and high speed internet you can have an Iowa phone number ringing you in Sri Lanka and no-one will know the difference.

Kalin72 Thanks this.
  4. Kalin72

Kalin72 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2015
    You can check in Lithuanian (or other Eastern European) newspapers here, in USA, for any truck companies, who seeks dispatchers.
    Example, Bulgarian BG-Voice, page 61-62, few in English ( but you can read Bulgarian, dont you?)
    And yes, many of Bulgarian truck companies already exported dispatcher and other clerical jobs in Bulgaria. I am also looking for opportunity to work as dispatcher from Bulgaria, when go home for the winter time, but I have no experience as dispatcher, but have the willing to learn :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.