Working capital with clean titles

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by 579purplepete, Oct 2, 2019.

1. 579purplepete

579purplepete Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2019
    I own my trucks and trailer 3 2014 579s and 3 53 reefers who can you guys suggest to finance them so I can get some working capital out of them? Thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OFFERS ASKING "DO YOU NEED WORKING CAPITAL!"

It is a total scam. Do not give any information. Phone number, emails
    Or address. And especially 3 months of bank records!

4. 579purplepete

579purplepete Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2019
    Yes I'm looking for a second hand finance company the banks won't lend me because I was out of the business for to long then I started back up last october but ive been trucking since 1999 and my father has been trucking hassince the 60s

5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    what about factoring the bills until you get back up. or just selling 2 units or 1

6. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Working Capital scams will have a lien on your bank account. They will deduct payments daily or weekly at high interest rates. They will sell your information to telemarketers for robotic calls and will trash your phone number.

Cabinover101 and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    What are your total asset value?

Unless you have very bad credit, you should get a secured loan with the assets you have,

8. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    No, that's not the reason they aren't lending to you. They aren't lending to you because they don't know you, there are some warts on your record ( credit score,job hopping, short time in business, etc), and the assets you are pledging are not "prime". Not a lot of value after repo costs and sales expenses in a 2014 truck, especially if it's not what those banks do routinely.

Either you establish a relationship with a local or regional bank and slowly establish your credit worthiness starting with small loans, or you go to the sub-prime (i.e. crazy interest) lending market. Factoring might even be better (did I actually write that? ).

Cabinover101, csmith1281 and Oxbow Thank this.
  9. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    May be late to the party but, you don't need a loan on equipment. Honestly? Those trucks don't have any lendable value, except maaaaaybe on hard money terms.

You need contracts, and a locked-in future revenue stream to borrow against. Without that you're a single-truck O/O with two parts trucks.

Accidental Trucker Thanks this.
  10. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    lol, one step away from three parts trucks?

Cabinover101 and TexasKGB Thank this.
  11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Selling equipment, then buying more on credit. Lending on vehicles, including Trucks, Trailers, easiest financing to get.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.