Working For Werner

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bobthetrucker, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Bobthetrucker

Bobthetrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Dallas, Ga
    I have just finished training and getting my class A CDL along with every endorsement you can get. The purposes of this blog will be to document my experiences with Werner and bring updates to you.

I have read many negative things about the company but I have to admit since I have been a manager before I don't take much of it to heart. Been there done that. Most are probably disgruntled employees.

I have a good positive attitude and I realize that most of what happens to you has to do with your attitude. If you don't think that people pick up on a negative attitude I feel sorry for you.

If bad things happen to someone that has a good attitude and is willing to work harder than most well then I guess it would be time to move on.

Having said that, honesty, integrity, and accountability are qualities that are necessary on both sides of the employment spectrum. I provide it on my side and fully expect the same out of any of my working partners.

If anyone has anything to say about Werner feel free to post.
    Oh well enough for now. See ya!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    This might turn out to be a interesting thread.

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  4. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    I have nothin much other than to say good luck to ya Bob. The main reason i'm posting on hear is I want to receive an email everyday with your updates. Pls. keep this updated as much as possible/

5. A512

A512 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    nunya
    Ya, you'll be alright, altho the truckin industry will most likely be unlike anything else youve ever experienced. Can be sometimes very frusterating to even those with the best of attitude. I will tell you though, once you get thru training and get a truck and dispatcher of your own you will have to earn that dispatchers respect. He may not just give you good lds right off the bat, just try not to make mistakes, always give 100% everytime, all the time even if ur not bein productive and think you should be.
    If hes any kinda dpthrr at all he will see that and will start to entrust you with better lds and keep u movin with preassigns. Anyone else agree or am I just jibbering? lol Different dispatchers are more capable then others too tho.If you and your dispatcher can ever get to where yall have a good relationship and work good together, that helps alot too...mayb thats too much info for ya startin out? sry..lol. I drove for them for 2 years and was very happy. I have heard some horror storys tho, that werent necessarily the result of drivers with bad attitudes or whatever. I was lucky and got a very good dispatcher, which I thhink I was a bad mother trucker too but..lol. You will hear that alot tho,"all depends on who ur dptchr is". And sadly it is kind of true..Anyone feel free to correct me if I said anything not true or misconstrued.:D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
    roaddawg92 Thanks this.
  6. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    I have read many negative things about the company but I have to admit since I have been a manager before I don't take much of it to heart. Been there done that. Most are probably disgruntled employees.

good luck to you bob. I hope you are not one of the disgruntled employees in the end.

7. A512

A512 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    nunya
    ...word...

8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    And why do you suppose the employees are disgruntled ? So you really expect honesty , integrity , and accountability out of your working partners ? This includes Werner dispatchers and recruiters ?

9. A512

A512 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    nunya
    Ya, most of them dispatchers are allowed to run wild and do whatever they want as they are one of the main components in werners revolving door and you are just passing thru..enjoy :)
    O..ya, and they know it too buddy..lol, they know it. You wanna talk about some arrogant jerks to work for..lol, I aint never.
    I had a woman dispatcher luckily, which also happend to be the best dispatcher at the company. So it wasnt bad for me. Was happy and she got all the good lds so I was makin bucks. Wasnt easy bein on her board tho, she ran you into the ground and if you couldnt keep up or whined u wouldnt be on her board much longer. When I say ran you into the ground, im talkin bout avg 13000 mi/month with no restarts..lol

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  10. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    We have all read your exact words many times before. Many, most, did not turn out as expected. I hope you are the exception. Please keep us posted no matter how things turn out. Many times when things go bad the person who started the thread disappears. We are interested, good or bad, and hopefully you can help others with your experiences, whatever they turn out to be.

11. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

I'm positive that nothing negative will change your mind !! Good Luck, show us how it's done....

halfburn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.