Workmans Comp Question

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Tao4mind123, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Tao4mind123

Tao4mind123 Light Load Member

May 6, 2017
    Just was refused service from an Urgent Care Facility even if I paid cash because it was a work related issue. Seems without an incident report and clearance from corporate these urgent care occupational health facilities refuse to even take cash from CDL class A drivers. Got on the phone and found a doctor who still takes cash and submitted the bill to corporate who expects me to raise my hand to see a doctor or go to the bathroom. Seriously; yelled at for seeing a doctor and told I am NOT allowed to see a doctor without approval. So, question is: Who is liable if the drivers issue causes a crash?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    driver is captain of the ship, including the sack of bones. Do not let others steer your ship, when either goes bad you are to blame.

4. *Five-0*

*Five-0* Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Hey...I'm over here!
    If it's work related, you simply can't expect to go to a doctor, any doctor, and then have the company pay the bill. In most states, Worker's Compensation rules require that you AT LEAST notify you employer and start the claims process prior to treatment, or, in some cases, the treatment facility can start the initial claim for you.
    As far as 'who is liable' if the issue causes a crash, well, you are. If you aren't physically fit enough to drive, you have the option of not driving - nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to hold a steering wheel.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  5. Tao4mind123

May 6, 2017
    . If it's work related, you simply can't expect to go to a doctor, any doctor, even if I offered cash payment or Blue Cross Blue Shield and was denied service. Big Rigs kill 10,000 citizens a year and drivers can only see a company approved doctor. Safety of the Public is only an appeasement logo.

6. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    Get ahold of a lawyer in your state, comp cases are usually free to you. They cant jerk you around like this. Youve been injured on the job.

7. Tao4mind123

May 6, 2017
    Got a lawyer but DOL is a farce when it comes to safety. No distractions here officer?

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      90.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Tao4mind123

May 6, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.