WorldNav 3000 Truck Routing GPS System - first ever GPS designed for truckers

Discussion in 'Truckers Forum Sponsors - Supporters Forum' started by Global Trucker, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Global Trucker

Global Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Murray, KY
    WorldNav Portable GPS based on TeleType's award winning navigation product line. This advanced touch screen Truck Routing GPS for professional truck drivers, bus drivers, and RV'ers. Insures that routes will follow roads that are suitable for truck travel, and yet the commercial driver can rely on the routing as it takes into account commercial truck restrictions such as bridge heights and clearances, load limits, one-way road designations, left-hand and dangerous turn restrictions, and allowances. For example, a typical set of restrictions for a semi-trailer could be entered as 13'6" height, 80,000 lb weight, 53' length, and 96" width.

[​IMG]

Makes the perfect gift for the truck driver in your life. Get yours today at the #1 trucker gift store Global Trucker.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2008
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mont0307

mont0307 Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Tampa, Florida
    I've had and are still having problems with this unit. Leave the route to go to a truck stop or rest area and the unit changes the route requesting you to exit at every upcoming exit just to stay on the current route. If a particular highway is under construction, the GPS will positioning will cause the route to become invalid causing the aforementioned to happen again. I've called tech support and no solution was offered. Now having everyone see this problem, maybe something can be done to correct. Teletype please respond and if solution is available, please advise in post or give me specific instructions in post to call for corrections.

4. mont0307

mont0307 Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Tampa, Florida
    This unit has a few problems. If there is construction on your route that is underway or complete that routes you out of sync with the GPS original positioning or you exit your route to go to a truck stop or rest area, the route currently created will be be altered as follows: the unit will request that you exit at virtually every upcoming exit along your route request that you get back on your current route. I've called tech support and tried to duplicate the problem with them on a proposed route but was unable to duplicate the problem. this problem only occurs while in actual route. I would like for Teletype to respond in this post and supply a correction or refer me to someone that can assist.

5. Global Trucker

Global Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Murray, KY
    We are not Teletype we just sell their products through our website. Their phone number is [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1.800.717.4478[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif](Toll free for US) [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  6. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    ok, when you use a GPS unit and you start off by putting in your destionation, and lets say for example its 1,000 miles away, so your trucking along the highway, and you decide you want to hop off the next exit and grab a cup of cofee or sleep for the night, well, as soon as your truck leaves the highlited area the gps will automaticly start re-couculating to get you back on trak and to your destination.
    I run the Garmen Nuvi, not really designed for Trucks, however it does a the Truck setting on it, and thats what i always keep it on all the time.
    if your being routed by your dispacth, and they give you a fuel stop, you can look up and locate that truck stop on your GPS unint, and insert that as a via point, now that you have done that, and you get off of that exit it will tell you that you have reaced your via point and to make a u turn and back to the highway.
    now if you are cruising along and you hit rd construstion, and you have to exit the highway, its going to re-route and get you back to the highway as soon as possiable, usually follows the orange detor signs.
    thats just how the GPS units work. its not that you are having any problem with unit itself. its just simply how they work.
    I hope that this is the type of reply your searching for.

Baack Thanks this.
  7. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    Thanks Soontobetrucking that is how all gps works.

I just dont worry about mine when I exit and when I get back on it is back to normal routing.

8. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    No matter what GPS unit you have you must check your route!!! You have to read the road signs, truck route can and do change. It is only a tool. I prefer to use the runs on a laptop like Delorme street atlas, it's user customizable. Like any good software package, it has a learning curve.

Mark

9. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    thats true Mark, but remember, not everyone has a laptop with wi-fi 24/7,
    a gps 99$-400$
    a laptop, 350$-3,000$
    the software, 100$-400$
    the laptop mount for the truck 280$ if store bought?
    no laptop mount, strapped to the passanger seat, hit a bump BOOM! hits the floor, now you -350-3000$
    i would recoment a gps as a cost efficioint way of guidence.
    i just had PC Miller put on my computer the other day, i really really REALLY like it, however, with it sitting on the other seat, my head now has to turn way way to far away from the rd to read my next turn.
    BUT!!!! i do agree that you should always check your GPS routing with a TRUCK atlas just to make sure youll be ok running the rds and highway and byways your gps tells you too.
    and also, i would highly recomend that if you buy a gps ONLY get the ones that have the TRUCK setting.
    *_*_* :biggrin_2554: ***PLEASE NOTE*** :biggrin_2554:
    -----even if it has a truck setting, this does not mean that it will guide you down every single truck route, it will not keep you from coming up to a sign that reads 12-6, nor will it keep you off of weight limited bridges either, or residentional neighborhoods. and so on,*_*_*
    ---------------------------------------
    the world nav is supposed to do all of the above for you, its supposed to be smarter then your map book, :biggrin_25512:
    i always pull my map book out and double check my routs and you should always do the same thing with ANY GPS unit.
    **if your in NY and it says to take the PARKWAY thats a huge NO!! NO!!, NO TRUCK ON PRKWYS IN THE STATE OF NY, nj, and a few others. **

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    The GPS units that I have seen all come with some sort of disclaimer. It will vary from unit to unit, but it basically says that the GPS should not be depended on as your only means of navigation.

In other words, remove head from back side and LOOK at signs for clearances, weights, and other restrictions. There is not a unit made that can replace common sense and being on the ball about what you are doing.

That being said, I believe these units are a very good tool to have. Just don't substitute them in place of common sense.

I am really surprised that it has taken this long for somebody to bring out a GPS designed for truckers.

11. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I had a laptop positioned on the passengers seat of a KW T600 for years and never had it come off. A quick look at the screen takes no more time than a look at mirror.

In the long run a laptop is better tool for the driver, can used for the job and as entertainment. They make a very CD / DVD player, holds more music than an i-pod and can play movies back in HD.

Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.