Worst brokers to work this & best brokers?!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Flipflops, Dec 19, 2015.

1. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Valid question.

Our loads are not allowed to be posted on another board before all matched drivers refuse it. I guess I could go into a 20 min discussion but we get the option. To me that's all that matters. I suppose someone will try and prove me wrong. Good for them.

powerhousescott Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Mercer brokers always quote like $688.87 instead of even numbers, I guess just to show that they don't make any profit out of that load

4. powerhousescott

powerhousescott Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    Who cares who is right or wrong, as long as you are happy with the deal, and you are making the money you want. What does it matter if Mercer or anybody else for that matter is making a little coin as well. Nobody gets into business to be a welfare program, except for our Government. Merry Christmas

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I was told that they take an exact 20% (Which I believe is a lie) of the freight charges, dummy up a FSC and then post it on your RC. That's how you get those "to the cent" rates.

I can't use mercer anymore because I have caught them in abusing rates with outside carriers..(Their own lessee's may do well).. I had a 3 stopper going out east of steel, Albany,Ny, Manchester,Nh, and Burlington,Vt.
    theytsent over the rate con as "Watertown,ny as the first stop....when I addressed the situation accordingly (I didn't have to though) They tried to Reduce the Rate by nearly $200...

Obviously rate Cons mean nothing, I also informed them the Mileage is about the same, (46 miles closer) than originally stated. the honored my word but Chose NOT to do business with me in the future.

Why? Because I was right and they couldn't get away with their computer generated rates? doesn't matter..... If you stand up for what's right, It seems they don't need your services

And Yes, I handled it with Louisville's main office brokerage manager in a professional manner.

truckinfast Thanks this.
  6. Roadking96

Roadking96 Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Cheap and heavy!!!
    C H Robisnon

7. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Mercer has been taking a hit. Over here on the east coast I have watched as Mercer loads have all dried up. I'm talking NC,VA,WV,MD,PA. I even call about one posting I found months ago on there web site and the girl asked me if I had stolen there customer, I said no but the Mega company's with 44 cent per mile drivers have.

8. whitewings

whitewings Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2015
    I'm wondering is there a lesson in lying when thease brokers go to school cause it seems that's all they do people wonder why truckers have the attitudes we do cause it's 8 am pu checked n at 8 it won't be ready to 11 delivery 6am 7 pm they finally got to me seriously I'm surprised there's not more drivers doing work place violence on brokers then they wonder why 90 percent of truckers are on. Drugs

9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    That's some twisted bull ####. 90% of truckers on drugs? Trucking is what it is. Customers set the hours they need goods and services. You're supposed to be the service provider that does the job they want. Not some whiney ### truck driver complaining about this, that, and everything under the sun. So you have to pick up on an 8pm appt and get held up until 11pm? So deal with it.

Ruthless and CJndaTruck Thank this.
  10. Buford

Buford Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Houston, Texas

That's not exactly right. In my 5 years at Mercer I've seen plenty of times the brokerage boys gave away loads before offering to lease operators.

One other bad habit Mercer has is loading the driver's with seniority.

11. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Well I've had a different experiance on both accounts. But I have not been here five years. The system isn't perfect but it works and I stay loaded with good rates.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.