worst co i've seen in 22 years

Discussion in 'PTL' started by rangerjhnsn, Apr 7, 2009.

1. rangerjhnsn

rangerjhnsn Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2009
    cleveland,TN.
    taken money out of your check for there stuff charging for 3 miles out of rought after following there rought and throwing drivers out of there trucks in the middle of nowhere that all at p.t.l:O_o_1PIRATES8: not to mention 1100 miles a week for a team and then them saying that was a high mile week

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Teddybear1748

Teddybear1748 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Don't know about charging for OOR - but I was out for a week on Medical, and they cleaned out my truck, and took out the full $300 for the tool kit, and when I cameback, some of my stuff was missing (of course,) and I had to sign yet another payroll deduction for another tool kit.
    Last week, I got a message that I was at 54% Idle, and 15% OOR. Do you see anyone at the South Lot without the comforts of heat or air?? It ain't gonna be me if it's needed. Changed my dispatcher, and now I just about have a pre-plan when I drop. That's nice. I'm not a robot, and I haven't been out here for the last 21 years for some company to hold my hand as if I were a toddler.
    From Murray to Paducah to Brownsville, TX I had to fuel 4X. 100 gal. the first 2X...??? Are they getting kickbacks from certain places?? I know when and where to fuel!! Sorry...To all who read, and think. Happy Holidays - and STAY SAFE.

4. lonhank

lonhank Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Brewton
    I would urge that anyone thinking about driving for this company to check around and think again. I lasted 3 months with them. These people are obsessed with out of route miles and idle time. You cannot make them happy (even if you have an APU) and they will actually put you out of the truck if you are not complying. Home time is not as advertised....not even close. The only positive thing I can say about them is their freight is easy and I did get some miles. Equipment is not bad. Shop people were friendly - they actually put a new cd player in for me. Had to wait almost a week after orientation to get a truck and had to stay in the motel room while waiting. Talk to some of their current drivers before making the big decision to join up with them. I will not drive for them again.

5. supertruckerporkchop

supertruckerporkchop Light Load Member

May 3, 2011
    Galveston, Texas
    Yes, they prolly have you fuel at the places where they get the biggest discounts, OR if you needed a certain amount to get to those large discounts could be a reason for 100 gallons at a time...also depends on what states, there is actually a science to the ifta stuff. The larger companies have the $$ to figure out the best savings.

I havn't heard of too many companies charging for out of route miles, but then again I'm used to running with o/o's n such. I would hate to have that happen, but I suppose your suppose to follow their routes for a reason! Only way I would argue is to get around a closed road or accident situation on a highway, other then that I don't see the big deal with follow their route, at least you can't be blamed if you follow their route and something pops up.

6. 7122894003481

7122894003481 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    You know its a bad company when there is a random pirate face involved.

7. roadiez

roadiez Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Evansville, In
    Before anyone says it I AM NOT A RECRUITER!
    Read my posts & it will show you that! I am currently not driving for them I am thinking about going back thou. I made $8500 in the first 48 days or so running dedicated In November & December. Got the Stubs to prove it to the Nay-sayers.

And by the way there OP... ROUTE is spelled this way not rought....Have no idea what that is...LMAO!
    Also OP they don't throw drivers out of their trucks in BFE...They bring you back to Murray or West Memphis to have you clean it out.
    Okay, okay...There is no way they charged you for running 3 mile OOR! I made the book for having 4% OOR miles for January. Also made it for a decent MPG rate also.

For those who don't know what PTS's book is it's the monthly magizine they send you & says what they are currently working on, wrecks,& potential drivers in running for the $50,000 bonus thing.

I would say yes, the home time ad they say is B.S.!!!! They(PTL) does tell you they want you out 6 days before putting to go home....When they advertise home every 6 days.
    You can't even move that way if you're always marked BLUE...

And what the heck did "7122894003481" mean by the random pirate face?

New one on me...
    Also they have converted to complete E-LOGS...also.just to forwarn anyone thinking about going there that doesn't want it.

8. bronx156

bronx156 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2011
    lawrenceville,ga
    I'm about to go there, what dedicated runs do they have

9. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    He spelled a word wrong and you call him out on spelling. You opened yourself up for some bad spelling yourself. Thou is actually spelled though. Magizine is spelled magazine. Forwarn is spelled forewarn. When you make fun of someones spelling, make sure you at least spell your own words correctly.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.