Worst company ever worked for.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by my2girls, Mar 24, 2008.

1. my2girls

my2girls Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Linesville, PA
    This is the worst company that I have ever worked for, from the trucks to management, to mentor and training program. I should have seen the signs about this company from the start. They do not want to pay you for anything but driving.

I was not paid to come out there for a 4 day manditory orientation, I was then sent home to get glasses for dot inspection, which was fine. I got my glasses then was told to come back out to Columbus term to take eye exam with glasses. again not paid anything for coming back out. Then was told I had to go back home to wait for a trainer. I then went out and started guys with trainer shirts on if they needed students and found 1 trainer to take me. this was another mistake. I had to go out with this ### for 2 weeks because I drove for USA trucks for 5 months. I didnt last 2 days because mister Marine Corp was a lunatics wanted me to do somethings I was not comfortable with like tale gate other trucks then switch lanes while still keeping my speed in the rain with out missing a beat, when I tryied to take the time to look to see if the lane was clear he got mad and said you R loosing time just switch lanes. Then he gave me directions to and address to business in NY city only to find out he read the qual comm wrong and we had to go 5 hours south to NJ. I would not drive anymore went in the back to sleep, he made the mistake why should I be punished. well he droped me of that next day and hade me test out. He talked with a buddy of his who tested me and failed me. they where going to send me home, I protested the test tested with another guy that worked for them and he passed me saying he had no problems with my driving.

Know I got my own truck and all was good from there right, wrong the problems kept coming. the truck I got drove great for about 2 months then all hell broke loose. the truck broke down every week with a diff problem. When I demanded another truck that is when the problems started with my dispatch and fleet manager. I guess I was a complainer because I wanted a truck that actually drove. The pig tail would allways fall out of the trailer, and I got pulled over by DOT because the trailor lights where not working. He did a full inspection and found nothing wrong but the pig tail was not long enough. He had me plugg the pigtail back in and gave me a citation to have it fixed, and not fine was givin. I then got another truck after I broke down in Oklahoma. Know I did have a backing accident in texas, not a major one in Dec in Louisiana. I was then let go this month in Mar because of the backing accident, and the DOT inspection where I was not even fined. All was fine until I started complaining about my truck and the miles that I was getting, or not getting.

Know they will not give me back my cooler filled with DVD's and tool box that was left on the truck, because I could not take them with me on the Greyhound bus. I had to leave them at the term.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jtruckin

Jtruckin Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Sacramento, Ca
    says youve got less than a year experience, and its the worst company you're ever worked for from the trucks to management...kind of a biased opinion if you ask me.

pawpaw Thanks this.
  4. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Sounds like you had a couple of accidents with less than a year of experience. I'm sure Swift would have been able to cough up 60.00 for a new pigtail. They can't give a new truck to someone everytime one breaks down, they'd never get any freight moved. There's more to driving than just driving... I wish more people would realize that.

5. tiredofdispatcherlies

tiredofdispatcherlies Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Hershey,PA
    Exactly, we all have to pay our dues and you can't just jump behind the wheel of one of the nice new trucks without first proving your not going to back it into someone or wreck it. Better to dent and ding the old truck that has paid for itself 10 times over instead of the new 100,000 one that isnt paid for yet.

pawpaw Thanks this.
  6. Lost Dutchman

Lost Dutchman Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    Thats the me gneration,whats in it for me,i,want more money,my truck sux,my DM sux,wa wa wa!Let this be a lesson to all you YOUNG STRAPPERS out there,you wont go far in life with that mentality from flipping burgers to driveing a big rig! IM OUT Lost Dutchman

mhintz15 Thanks this.
  7. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    So how many companies did you work for in less than a year? The validity of the claims are brought into question when you make a false statement in the very first paragraph which I have highlighted. Swift pays detention pay for anything over 2 hours at a shipper/receiver. They also pay breakdown pay if you are down for over 24 hours and layover pay if you have to wait more than 24 hours for a dispatch after unloading. On top of that they reimburse you for all tolls and showers. Add to that the fact that they pay for loading and unloading, even if it is only a driver assist situation plus pay for all extra stops besides the pickup and delivery. And even if your statement were true, I believe you were hired to be a driver so that is what they should be paying you for.

8. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    I'm no fan of Swift....kinda liked Charles Manson better and have more respect for him...but I do have to say that my2girls is either not telling the whole story or she is on/needs to be on something the doctor can't prescribe. You really need a reality check. Please do us a favour and stay out of trucking. There are too many like you out there already.

mhintz15 Thanks this.
  9. talltrucker1968

talltrucker1968 Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2009
    west bend, wi
    my2girls...bigger companies will tend to fire people for little crap like that. I have no idea what your situation was, but maybe they thought you were a problem child. Not trying to offend, just making a general observation. Just be glad you didn't work for Werner. They make Swift seem civilized by comparison. Ask any Werner driver about going to a terminal to grab fuel. They'll tell you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.