worst company in the world

Discussion in 'CR England' started by harry111, Oct 22, 2010.

1. harry111

harry111 Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2010
    beware of cr england requiters and brochures say you will get 3100 miles then you are lucky to get 2300 they rip you off with the variable milage payment driver mgrs dispatch you into log violations with regularity terrible effort on dms part to get you home on time dm dont read thier mssg you send them or they convieniently forget them you could be near death after an accident and the first question they send you is how is the load is it damaged say fuel will only cost you 1.25 a gallon then subject it to unrealistic criteria at end of lease charge you thousands of dollars to restore truck to showroom condition weekly payroll statements contain voodoo items that are difficult to interpet run you on negative lease balance for months then disqualify you without notice report false information on dac report preventing you from getting hired anywhere else because you owe them money shop routinely sends you to freightliner when they dont have a clue then charge you 40 dollars for not knowing what to do and thats just the tip of the iceburg bottom line you can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig cr england=pig drive life/life stinks

Gearfloater Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Worst grammer in the world ...

walstib and THBatMan8 Thank this.
  4. Mrfasttrack

Mrfasttrack Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Georgia
    For us that live in the hills get a little exicited when the words lipstick and pig are used.:biggrin_2559:

uglydave Thanks this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Wait.... you were missing your loads and you cant understand why they dont want to give you any miles?

They tell you during orientation. Keep your logs correct, make your loads ontime, the more you do to keep ontime the easier loads they will give you.

As to the truck at hand in time, like what happened to you is anything new? Lots of stories here about drivers that lose money on early contract termination.

Truckers dont have home time. You are expected to turn miles. You want home time, dont drive, its that simple.

6. teotl

teotl Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2011
    CA, USA
    He didn't say he was missing loads, at least I didn't decipher it anywhere.

And yes, you DO get hometime. If you don't it's because you don't take it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    My only question here is, HOW DO YOU KNOW it is the "worst company in the world," unless you have worked for EVERY other company in the world. Somehow, I just don't believe the OP has done that.

And no, I am NOT defending England with this post.

Rick Brown Thanks this.
  8. JustinWaterboro

JustinWaterboro Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Porter, ME
    Ok not trying to defend CRE but here is some of my experiences:

When I was running solo my worst week I only got in 2900mi,after which I made sure that my DM always had me loaded prior to my last drop of current trip.

When I wanted hometime I always was dispatched as close as possible to Maine within a day of wanting to be home.Also as soon as I was ready to comeback I was loaded that sameday and either with a big-run or a small-run setting me up for a big-run.

When running as Phase2 trainer we have never had less than 4800mi and when either myself or my apprentice wanted hometime it was given.

As far as running into Log Violations that is 100% on you if there is a violation for you are the one in the truck not them.There have been times where I have received a new loadassign and have had them change the pickup/drop simply because I may not make it within my available hours.

Fuel at $1.25 gallon when all you need to do is run 5.8 paidmpg and stop at their designated fuelstops 75% of the time.well there trucks are governed at 60mph(62-63mph using cruisecontrol adjustments)and they send you exactly where to stop.Now if you cannot get atleast 7mpg going 60-63mph you are doing something wrong,and not going to 75% of their stops that are along your route...well either you cannot read highway signs or are going out-of-route and not sending in your fuelrequests.

My settlements have always been very clear on what the deductions/additions were.

Getting sent to a shop...only when something fixed had a recall...which will not get charged back to you.

Since all your statements clearly mean you are a lease-driver...well nobody makes you take a load...you decide what loads you want to take or not take...

Most of the truckers I have seen within CRE that are complaining the most of not making any money are the same ones always sitting around the same yards/truckstops,yet go into their trucks and they have all the amentities (spelling?) under the sun inside.They all forget that your DM works for you not the other way around and if you are not pushing him/her to give you what you need then honestly whose fault is that...

catahoula and uglydave Thank this.
  9. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    just so I can make an accurate comparison to some other companies how are the benefits. Good insurance, vision, dental? I heard a lot of bad stuff about Werner and I was just reading how Maverick sucks. So to be the worst company in the world I'll need much more detail. Explain to me how you get dispatched into hours of service violations? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but do you also have some skin in this situation? Let's really break it down.

Or maybe we could agree that it's not THE worst company in the world, but perhaps it's just not a great company, or maybe even I wish things would have worked out better for me.

Ok, I'm rambling, let me know how the dental plan works. Maybe it is the worst in the world. Details, I need details!!!!!!!!

10. CRE Truth

CRE Truth Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Savannah, Ga
    I've personaly seen solo lease drivers with 5500 miles a week 6.2 mpg, yet pull a -$25 check.
    CRE made alot of statements about 'safety being first priority' yet my wife was told to get on a truck with a male trainer and another female student. When we asked questions (in a polite way the whole time) they told us she would be sleeping on the floor or in bed with one of the others on the truck to get her SB time. Additionaly the students could not be logged into the QUALCOMM at the same time, so one of them would be logged out and the other logged in the whole time.
    The more we persisted the more upset the coordinators got. She was docked pay for the entire two weeks she was there, and eventualy we were told to leave. Keep in mind we have recordings of every conversation to prove we NEVER were rude or unruley.
    The incident of ours ended with us leaving the company (Tuesday July 5th). On my DAC it says we wete aggressive and a liability, which is documented to be total lies. I contacted my instructors and trainers and EVERY ONE of them spoke on my behalf as a character reference, to no avail.
    Although I'm not a person that has worked for a bunch of companies, I too believe CR England to be the worst company out there. Two students were killed in the last 45 days do to thier carelessness and greed. They are proven liers, and even the DOT inspector has declaired them unsafe recently (its why your prepasses dont work and you are mandated to stop at 100% of all weigh stations).
    By any means, if you don't believe me please contact me directly. I have sound bits and other documentation. Just need your email to share with you. (edited to remove email address because site wont allow it).
    This company has turned to crap in record time. You can read about it anywhere. Worse company ever by popular opinion.

Darius11 Thanks this.
  11. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL

um, i can't question most of this post, but there is one curious part. 5,500 miles a week? Assuming the 70 hr rule is used, with absolutely no on duty time at all, 5,500 miles driven in 70 hrs averages out to approximately 79 miles per hour. Was this the CR England truck I saw rolled over on I-43 just north of Sheboygan, WI about a month ago?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.