Worst company you ever worked for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Upinsmoke, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    The second out of four otherwise solid employers, Knight Transportation, what a train wreck that was. One and three were fine, they just didn’t fit my needs. I’ve been at the fourth company for 8 years and will stick around here for awhile.

4. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    McDonald's.

Those ######## had me working the register 8 hours a day because I was the only one who could get the customers out of the line fast enough. I wanted to make fries and nuggets.

5. exACT driver

exACT driver Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    American Central Transport. Everybody there from the company president all the way down to the guy who swept the floors knew more than any truck driver. Not much on getting you to the house for home time either.

6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    May Trucking was bad, but my worst job was working at a plastics plant that made trash cans. My lob was to scrap the excess plastic off the cans when they came out of the molds. 12hr shifts standing & scraping. I lasted 2 weeks before my mental health started to suffer & my hand went numb.

7. andre

andre Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Roehl Transport. ####ing Roehl. Absolute cluster####. And now, 12 years later, I am looking at jobs, and somehow Roehl Transport knows I am looking and They want me back! I sent them a nasty email about the finer details of our time together and to not bother, and they took that as a sign of hope to get me to sign back on! :eek:

8. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    C.R. England. Slave wages, departments obviously never talked to each other, forced team or trainer really hard to find a solo position, they loved sending you to chain country during the winter. And they would hound you on your 4 days hometime after being out nearly a month. I’m glad I left that cluster####

9. Northern Nomad

Northern Nomad Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    I’m surprised you had a bad experience with May, but I know things change over time. I was there for a few years in the early 2000’s out of their Layton, Utah terminal, and they were great. But, this was before they were considered a starter company. You either passed your road test and went to work, or you failed and went home.

My worst driving job was probably RC Moore out of Scarborough, Maine.

10. slow pok

slow pok Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2013
    lizela ga
    Roehl the worst crooks there is

11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Pace Air Freight.

I went there between union jobs, and they just ####ed you around morning, noon and night. The only favoritism they showed the linehaul drivers was to give them long runs of questionable legality.

The P&D guy I ran with showed me all his spots for taking naps and how he would sit on a dock for a half hour after each delivery looking at his phone just because he wanted to. Only problem was, those P&D guys were supposed to relieve the linehaul guys.

We would drive to Indy and back, then be expected to make deliveries near O'Hare airport until a P&D guy became available. Our pay was changed to a flat rate of something like $15 for the first 3 stops, then $10 per stop after that...each one of these stops could take anywhere from a half hour to an hour depending on the line of trucks, so...do the math.

You made about 50 cpm on linehaul, which isn't bad, but then you would have to do basically free deliveries for three to four hours while waiting on a P&D nap guy to become available. Enraging waste of my time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.