Would anyone recommend Boyd Bros.?

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by NyteWulf, Feb 23, 2007.

1. NyteWulf

NyteWulf Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Blacksburg, Va.
    I'm attending a trucking school and I've been looking around for some good companies to start off with. I've heard a few good things about Boyd Bros., but does anyone have any experience with them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. firstimpala

firstimpala Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Boyd is the way im going, got my letter for training today. But would like a heads up from a Boyd driver

4. silentchujo

silentchujo Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2007
    pontiac,michigan
    could not get here to warn you about bb. was to busy letting them drive me up the f*ckin wall with the B.S.

5. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    if you need some new rims

6. GERANIMO

GERANIMO Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2006
    In 1997 I was in orientation with this company. While outside having a smoke with others a driver for them came racing up in truck, ran inside, then police arrived. This man was never informed that is mother passed away 1 week prior by dispatch, which did not think it was important. His family had called, he was never told. The driver was arrested for threatning to kill dispatcher. The police were the one's that told us about the incedent. I quit orientation. Ten years later a collection agency is contacting me telling me I owe Boyd $2700.00. They claim I drove one of their leased trucks for one week to Tennessee. I never even got to the point of driver test drive. I did not sign any lease agreements, and paid my own expenses of getting to and from orientation. The collection agency stated I will pay this sum, they don't care whether I want to or not, does not want to do anything about this false claim from Boyd. Good luck. I would not and will not work for a company that does not think you have the right to be notified when a close relative is dying.

:biggrin_25512:

7. curtislyn

curtislyn Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    Statute Of Limitations is 6 years in Alabama

8. TommyToe

TommyToe Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Scottsboro, Alabama
    sorry, but nobody can make an intelligent opinion of a company if they quit half way through orientation just because of one story. You must hear from several experienced drviers from said company before you can make a solid decision....as for me, i am currently driving for Boyd, and can honestly say that this is the BEST company i have worked for, by a long shot....in my adult life, I have worked for several trucking and non-trucking companys, and every one of them has good and bad things about them....i'm not saying boyd is perfect, but for me, especially for this time of my life, i believe boyd is the place for me....they have good benefits, and will do everything in their power to get you home when they promise....but things do happen that may keep you out longer, especially since our economy is in the shape its in....they have a very low driver turnover....when i went through orientation, their were 8 of us, 4 of them were re-hires.....they were gone anywhere from 1 month to 4 years, but returned and said they would never leave again...that should tell you something about a company....again boyd isnt perfect, but its better than any company I've ever worked for

happypappy25 Thanks this.
  9. wolfpack396

wolfpack396 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2007
    four oaks nc
    this is 2nd time i've worked at boyd. the 1st time i leased a truck that was my first mistake. boyd is ok the only is they pay good but they fine ways to take it back. 1st trip when came i pulled a load pipe off yard no one said a thing about how they wanted bills signed . i del load to va when got my check was short $60 they said bills where sign wrong.

10. new orleans

new orleans Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2007
    they tell you one thing and do a nother they.i call friday i ask the recuiter to direct whit me about the company,runing area she told me i will texas reginor. i get monday to mangement they tell me something different.give you 40.00 for food.you are there for5 days. they said their are a top notich company.they full of lies.the guy how do orientation has a very nasty atitude.they are very slick.{they use to doing,feeding bs to the less educator people.these company out here still think that still dealing whit that 6 grader or less educated driver.so they come up whit some very slick tactic to pull on the driver .{ want someone out tell me what is deal whit some of these trucking company:biggrin_25516:have every single week.they have to geting something out the deal] they will bring a driver that they talk to a week before bring him or here to orientation let them sit 3days than tell them that they can not hire them.it is a game that playing on these driver. it is a shame.jb hunt, covenant,boyd bros,us express,what is the deal whit this bs.

11. kaydriver1

kaydriver1 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2007
    monett,missouri

Have u checked into Maverick?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.