would i be a jerk if......

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Platinum Blonde Skinhead, Sep 26, 2019.

1. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Once again people forget they live in America. I'll do my thing and you do yours. As long as I'm not breaking the law leave me alone. If I am breaking the law and not endangering anybody's life leave me alone and #### off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    But you do not have a right to disturb others, especially when those "others" are OTR truck drivers trying to rest before driving their 80K lb rigs again.

It's not illegal to drive around a truck stop blowing your air horn but I don't advise you do that saying that you're not breaking the law so leave you alone.

Truck stops are noisy places but if you have a mechanical failure that is not allowing a driver to sleep you need to get it fixed. Or you might wind up getting it "fixed" in the middle of the night.

Like I've said, my truck is well insulated and with the APU very few issues bother me but with older less insulated trucks I can see it being a serious issue.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  4. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    It is annoying, no doubt. I’ve gotten upset about it a few times...
    But getting upset is what keeps me awake. So now I just idle my own truck to drowned it out. If need be alittle music on lightly on top of that and I can’t hear my own reefer running...
    I am responsible for my own sleep. Getting pissed about someone else’s ‘situation’ is just self centered. Like someone said.... truck stops are loud places. Find some industrial park or find a hidey hole to stay in if you want dead quiet... truck stops are rarely quiet...
    Never touch someone’s truck without asking permission. Ever.

5. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    cameras are watching you just about every where
    if your too weak to deal with him stay away

6. GlobalFM001

GlobalFM001 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Or they got a CPAP machine going so they can sleep

But yeah I’m sure you’re right, the almighty knowing one

Funny how you say the human race is getting pussified ... while complaining about noise coming from a truck at a truck stop...

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Not a fair comparison. Who do you know that’s enough of a prick to do that?

Has it occurred to you that perhaps the person in question is in the process of making those arrangements, by either waiting for parts or preparing to go to a terminal to obtain said repairs?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    Yeah, the pffft every 10 seconds is annoying as ***k. I can deal with reefers, idling, etc but that... ugh. Really though, if you need quiet to sleep, this is the wrong industry. At this point its weird when I go home. I need a fan or some other white noise to help me sleep.

9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Ah hell try sleeping in a railroad yard, truckers are suppose to be able to sleep anywhere. lol

10. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Nope. Big diff between air dryer and air horn.

11. mgjackson68

mgjackson68 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2018
    And exactly how would breaking that guy's seal help your situation? If you have a problem with him either man up and talk to him or let it go.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.