Would like a little advice from other Schneider drivers

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Priest85, Jan 11, 2008.

1. fresh59

fresh59 Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Priest, May sure you keep track of every move you make and use your pumpkin book. Put your dates, ld #, and miles. Write down any problems with that ld. Lumper fees, delays or layover. You should get paid for all loads that you send in on your empty message by 1600 eastern time. I haven't had any problems unless the DBL didn't put something in. I didn't like the per diem either.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hlaird

hlaird Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    I heard on here that Schneider forces you into per diem at orientation and you can't get out of it for at least a quarter. Has anyone else had trouble with this? I am very much opposed to per diem and I KNOW that I would make more money without it.

4. Brian22

Brian22 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    wrong, they start everyone out in per diem, but you have the option to "opt" out of the per diem program on the first day

I opted out of it.

5. HOUDINI

HOUDINI Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2007
    ILLINOIS
    Wether Per diem is good or bad depends on your age and past employment. If you are older and have made good money in the past , then you have built up your social security, then per diem is not a bad option. If you are younger and have not built up your social security, per diem can hurt you in the future. Per diem shows that you make less money per year, so less is shown on your ss. wages which in return will make your ss. payment very low.

6. Gravereaper0

Gravereaper0 Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2007
    They pay seperate depending on you exp. I been driving for about 9 months, two months of it with schneider, one solo and one team with my buddy. Since he came on inexperienced, they started him off at .34cpm while I'm getting .40cpm. And if you do 60k miles a quarter you get a .02 bonus.

7. maylith

maylith Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2008
    St. Louis
    60k miles a quarter? That does not sound right to this newb. That's 20k miles a month or 5k a week.....

8. DBL_TIME

DBL_TIME <strong>"Two Mints in One"</strong>

Feb 9, 2008
    why does 5k a week sound high to you for a team?

9. maylith

maylith Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2008
    St. Louis
    My mistake, I must have missed the team part.....:biggrin_255:

10. badsey

badsey Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    you need to get a laptop with Windows and check online when you are getting paid by Schneider for your load. I would not wait weeks then figure hey! What happened here. Way too many loads when you team. 3-5 days max then get on their case.

Use the transflow express so you keep a copy of everything also.

david07003 Thanks this.
  11. 18wheelcowboy

18wheelcowboy Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2010
    You don't 'know' anything, unless, of course, you are a licensed CPA or Tax Attorney ... trust me on this, per diem puts more money in your pocket, unless you like to give the government an interest-free loan ... in which case, Godspeed and be safe :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.