Would LOVE to buy a GOURMET dinner in Phoenix for a HUGE favor...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by TooGroovy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. TooGroovy

TooGroovy Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    The way it is,... too many students and not enough trucks... and the instructors are already cranky with students that don't get it the first time... (kind of funny... I would be more wary of the ones that get it and think they KNOW SOMETHING! but that is me... there is arrogance by the OVERLOAD here and it is kind of left unchecked... )...

SO... if any of you guys is in Phoenix and is SO kind to take me shifting, or parallel parking, or offset parking or anything at all.... you name the lobster, steak, whatever...

And I wish I could do more and I will follow ALL INSTRUCTIONS and do as I am told, any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated just send me a pm...

Thank you in advance...

TG

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    if i was in the area i would take you up on it

TooGroovy Thanks this.
  4. TooGroovy

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    Thanks, I am going to be here until the 26 which is when I take the CDL test and I will be in the same situation and we have to be able to go out on traffic and do 4 right turns and out on the highway...

Plus, I would LOVE A GOOD MEAL!!!! SO if the freight throws you around here, there is a Texas Road House right around where I am staying...

NWMAXI Thanks this.
  5. thankgod

thankgod Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2012
    mesa,az
    all the trucking driving schools in phoenix are a joke. give them the money, heres your cdl, no training

6. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    You should remind the instructor that you are called STUDENTS for a reason. Youre paying for it, that means he should go over it as much as you need him too.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  7. TooGroovy

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    Its all good, the instructors are under a lot of pressure too... there are a lot of trucks moving at the same time and they are supposed to have eyes coming out of eyes of the back of their heads... maybe there should be more instructors... is there room for improvement... yes!

But it is a positive experience... if you study... and NOT for the faint of heart...

Where I DO BELIEVE there needs something to be done is setting the RECORD STRAIGHT with some of the super truckers that I have in my class... I do not know if it is like that in EVERY CLASS, but this 20 something man children walk around talking loud and because straight line backing and minimal maneuvers came "easier" to them than to others WELL... I guess this is why CRE has no problem leasing trucks to newbies... I could make 6 sales out of my class and I am a lousy salesman... I pity the mentors.

8. TooGroovy

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    They ARE helpful to the people who asks for help... and I DO ask for help in a professional and INSISTENT manner... it has made me one of their "favorites" and I get a lot of ribbing, but I did not come here to be friended in Facebook and their opinion of me... "put in the eval as a PASS, please" on the first TRY, REGARDLESS...as you have been doing since day one...Thank youuuuuuuu.:biggrin_255:

9. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    i like that attitude you have...

just keep it when you get a mentor and if you get a mentor that is a L/O

1. you didn't sign the lease

2. your not a second log book ( i guess this doesn't really apply anymore)

3. when your tired stop that #### truck and sleep

you didn't buy a new truck and the wife a new car at home that is his or her problem not yours, your their to learn and be safe don't let him push into an un safe position please

10. TooGroovy

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    I am very fortunate that I found the TTR when I began THINKING about trucking WAY BACK in NOVEMBER since then, I researched companies and picked SWIFT as a starter company and their school is what I expected INCLUDING this situation which could be better but is NOT terrible...

I already have a mentor lined up who LOVES to MENTOR and runs SUPER SOLO, but I have to make sure I graduate by the 28th and don't get held back due to lack of practice... which does happen... I'll make do...

and try to bribe truckers with GOOD FREE FOOD for some extra practice... lets see what happens...

NWMAXI Thanks this.
  11. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Makes me wonder about what is needed to just rent a truck..... i work for a temp service and one of the accounts has me go to penske to get a tractor and another place to grab a trailer..... hmmmm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.