Would you drive for a small company that advertises their non-eld glider kit trucks?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by A Bug, Dec 22, 2019.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Only time I've been asked is my otr days.
    Hasn't even been brought up. Since I came back to local almost 4 years ago .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Look them up. Will DOT see you as a cash cow or ignore you?
    SAFER Web - Company Snapshot

A Bug Thanks this.
  4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    They see the MC 600,154 and they let us be.

201 Thanks this.
  5. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    The company turns out to be Travis Trucking LLC out of Kodak Tennessee. They do not have a rating there but a little below average out of service trucks at least.

I'm on the road right now up in Iowa so I gave the recruiter there a call yesterday but have not heard anything back.

Will have to stop by sometime on the weekend to see if maybe there's anyone around. That's the only time I have off with the current job.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If I were in need I think I would give them a call, but what about the current job has you thinking of jumping ship?

Woodys Thanks this.
  7. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    I am driving a conestoga at fraley and schilling. I just do not have that warm and fuzzy feeling I did back with my old job.

Driver manager is the all business type, first thing he said to me when I met him at orientation before I even said Hello was "Look, I do not care about your pay check, just get the loads done and your money will take care of itself." Which is okay, he has kept me busy these last few weeks.

Maintenance shop is refusing to change out a tire on my trailer I know dot will not be happy with. Air horn line ripped out when I pulled the thing and they are not wanting to fix that either.

The pay is nothing special to talk about.

I can bare with it, but will be on the lookout. For five years I loved it at jb hunt up until the day they canned me so I should not be too hard to please. Heck I even was satisfied with my six months at cr england getting my cdl worked off from them.

8. MagicMan22

MagicMan22 Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2019
    After reading several comments I see today’s truck drivers are merely transportation engineers. Most have run nothing but elogs yet comment about paper logs. I’m old school. Run paper. Now back in my cowboy days I put in a 20+ hour day. Now that age has gotten the best of me I run about as many hours and often less than elog drivers. However I do it on my own accord. Stop when I want. For as long as I want and do what I want. Just because they run paper doesn’t mean they want you to be a cowboy. Just allows you waaayyy more options than a stupid computer on your dash. But then again...that’s all most of you know

Coffey, snowwy and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  9. MagicMan22

MagicMan22 Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2019
    wrong...that’s exactly what a “glider” is

10. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I was gonna say unless your company runs a pretty wicked shop on the side there ain’t much chance of a pre-2000 motor finding its way into a 2015 roller unless it was built by a legit glider shop.

npok Thanks this.
  11. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    It is impossible to say if this is a good job or not just based on those details. If they run short haul they don’t need logs anyway even if they have new trucks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.