would you report someone throwing a pee bottle out?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DrivingPro, May 16, 2007.

1. DrivingPro

DrivingPro Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2007
    San Antonio,Texas
    Recently I was following a truck through Iowa and saw a driver throw out a cig pack..then to my amazement in broad daylight ...he though out a pee bottle.
    I have a digital camera at the ready for Scenic pics and in this occasion I could easily snap a pic of the trailer and mile marker. Although I was not fast enough to snap a pic of the pee bottle and truck in same frame.
    I called out to the driver on my cb and he told me he could not care less about our country or our environment. And that it was none of my frickin business.
    How sad, I cannot believe in this day with our kids dying in war that this driver was so self centered that he would trash our beautiful country and disgrace our culture.
    So, .....do I send the pic to his company..or Not...
    Personally, I already sent the pic to Sunrise Trucking and also a copy to Iowa State Police...What would you do?
    He called me a rat on the CB...Yea, I am a rat that loves my country

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. beezle

beezle Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2007
    personally i wouldent unless it was endangering someone as in he was doing drugs or drinking or something like that and if i did it and you turned me in id be pretty darn heated now im not advocating littering but still you dont turn someone in for something that little

4. kd5drx

kd5drx <strong>Master of Electronic Communications</stron

Nov 28, 2006
    Some where USA
    Well now you see what the industry has come to and why so many have a bad image of truck drivers. I would have sent it to his company but thats me. We don't heed folks like that on the road tarnishing the image. In the day we were the Knight of the road. Now days we are the Skum of the earth and ones like this are the reason. If you don't have time to stop and go to the bathroom you are deffinatly trip planning wrong.

5. DrivingPro

Feb 18, 2007
    San Antonio,Texas
    Yes, no other word would describe it....AMAZING

beezle says in his repy
    " If I ever did it and you reported me I would be pretty #### heated"

You mean you would even consider it? I just don't get that mentality! I have a trashbag next to my passenger seat, I would never even consider throwing out a gum wrapper...let alone a Pee bottle.

think about it...who is supposed to pick that up for you? or should it sit there for all passing by to view forever.

ROADSIDE TRUCKER ART...A GATERAIDE BOTTLE FILLED WITH URINE. HOW BEAUTIFUL.

6. rockee

rockee Road Train Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Pacific Northwest
    Well Beezie, lets say he throws out one bottle a day, say he works 300 days a year, lets say there is 100 other scumbags just like him that do the same on just that one road, according to my math thats alot of bottles and who has to clean that stuff up? Would you like to? Technicaly that is hazadous waste. If he dont care then good for him, he should not care if someone says something about him or reports him. He should have to do community service doing nothing but picking up pee bottles then he might rethink his position

7. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    I would note when and where i saw it and trailer and truck number and call his company for sure. The police not sure,seems like everytime i try to report an incident no one really cares or the opposite could you send us a written report ,call this dept,your in the wrong jurisdiction for your call etc,etc,man it gets old after awhile,however,I always report suspicious incidents,one night nI saw a car in back of a big car lot,told the police on 991 there were 2 guys walking around in the dark with that car parked there,did not wait until police came though,accidents,call them right in.

8. NevadaJim

NevadaJim Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Good one Rockee! I like the idea of community service. After the first 20 or so pizz bombs he picked up he may change his attitude.

9. DrivingPro

Feb 18, 2007
    San Antonio,Texas
    Rockee....I could not have said it better!!! glad to know others think this is bad behaviour also. when I do a cb survey, I just hear guys calling me a RAT.

10. beezle

beezle Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2007
    im not saying that i would do it pissing in a bottle dosent seem like something that i want to do in the 1st place but its something stupid why would you call the cops on something small like littering when its the ones doing much worse stuff that you really need to call out thats all im saying

11. jack5

jack5 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2005
    garland,tx
    One driver was arrested and booked for throwing a pee bottle on someone else's lawn in IA a couple of years back. Maybe this was the same doofus on parole,LOL. Like one poster said the cops could care less about littering and with bigger problems going on it would be useless to call the cops. Calling the company would be a good idea but most of the megacarriers don't care about how nasty their drivers are anyway. It is really sad how this industry seems to be downgrading day by day. Drivers like these are some of the proof.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.