Wrecks you've been in or seen

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by jr-transport, May 15, 2011.

1. jr-transport

jr-transport Light Load Member

[​IMG]I recently flipped my rig on a bush road. relatively little damage and no injuries, so it couldnt have gone much better. so ill still get to keep my dream truck, might put a little bunk on it and give it a bright paint job too.

Have you ever been unlucky enough to wreck a rig?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    came out of that smelling like a rose--could have been much worse--never been in a wreck,thank god---but i have seen a few that will honestely make you sick to your stomach

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Worst one I've seen was a car waiting to make a left hand turn off a 2-lane state highway....with the wheels already turned as she sat there waiting for an oncoming truck to pass. The loaded coal bucket behind her didn't stop. Knocked the car into the path of the oncoming truck, who swerved to the right to TRY to miss the car.

Oncoming truck ended up jackknifing and taking out a good portion of guard rail. Luckily, it was empty or else it would have tipped over....however, it DID catch fire.

The car got ripped in two, both ladies in the car tossed like rag dolls...neither one survived.

The coal bucket, after rear ending the car, crossed the oncoming traffic lane, punched through the guard rail, and nosed into the ditch.

Highway was shut down for a little over 8 hours.

Funniest wreck I've seen was a dry box...apparently he fell asleep and drifted off the side of the road right where they had cut into the hill for the highway. So, the highway stayed low....and he went up. I guess he woke up and realized he wasn't on the road, but when he turned the wheel to the left to head back toward the road he barrel rolled off the embankment, dropping about 15-20 feet before landing on his roof.

Driver walked away without a scratch....told his company that he was choking on a mint. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.:biggrin_25517:

Spend any time out here and you're going to see 'em. I never laughed so hard in my life as this one down in Louisiana. Had a 4-wheeler in a real big hurry...couldn't wait for me to slide back into the right lane after I had passed a slower truck...so he squeezed through as soon as he had an inch to spare and he was gone on up the road ahead. Not even 20 miles up the road, there he was....upside down in the median with his stuff tossed all over the road....must have rolled it a few times. Guess he wanted to make sure he was the first one to get to the scene of the crash....

5. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    What I don't understand, is there was no corner, no hill, no grade...looks like rig was just driving down the road and flipped...

Please fill us in on the details...

[​IMG]

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  6. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Couldn't imagine being so "proud" about flopping over!

7. ghostchild

Jan 16, 2009
    Just answer the question and quit side tracking...again I ask you...

'How did your truck flip over on a straight road with no curves or corners??'

8. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    I'm NOT the op...focus.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  9. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    In 1993 I had a car cross the centerline and run head-on into me, killing the driver and seriously injuring the passenger, I slid down the shoulder after the impact, the trailer slid into the ditch,(Airlines were broke under tractor and locked all the brakes.) the trailer overcentered and rolled over pulling the tractor with it. The car was thrown 50 feet east of the impact, it WAS traveling west.Road was closed over 8 hours for the investigation and clean up. I myself was off of work 6 months with a knee injury from the accident......

10. jr-transport

jr-transport Light Load Member

the corner was a while back, I swun too wide, the shoulder was soft and the trailer fell in and i tried my damnest to pull it out, got about 1/8 mile.
    It was kinda goofy what happened, the story is much longer than that but i dont feel like telling it.

I'm not proud I went in the ditch, dummy, just figured I'd put it out there see if anyone else had stories or pics. That wreck has put me out of work for at least 3 weeks (likely more), and in the spring too, when money is kinda tight for us bush workers. That truck is my dream truck and will now never be quite the same. jeez.

11. ghostchild

Jan 16, 2009
    Did you sue??

Did you sue the people who rammed you head on??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.