Wrong Way DUI Semi Driver - I70 Fatality

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Zuma, Dec 27, 2010.

1. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Limon officer raced to prevent deadly wrong-way crash on I-70, but truck driver didn't stop

This was on Denverpost front page today.

Big Don Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    Thanks, i knew some one would be able to decipher my thoughts rather then take what i said seriuosly but using a rope on this piece of crap would be too kind! This SOB deserves Max prison time and all of his savings and assets should go to the victims family.

4. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    It is doubtful this guy will ever drive again. He is currently facing 9 criminal charges, the vehicular manslaghter carries a minimum 10 yr sentance. The discussion today on one of the local radio stations is that if convicted of all charges, he's looking at a minimum of 7 yrs (with time off), however, that vehicular manslaughter charge with a commercial vehicle IIRC is a lifetime ban for the first offense, esp. under these conditions.

5. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Also, as I brought up earlier, I know this family, the man killed and his wife were the Uncle/Aunt of someone I am friends with on facebook and went to HS with, the little girl is his cousin.

6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    I got the joke. I simply ignored it due to remarks on a different thread in which a driver may not have even been involved, yet people were ready to haul him out on the yardarm without all the facts. I'm with 07-379 on this.

This case, though, seems a little more cut-and-dried.

7. old-six-pack

old-six-pack Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2007
    vernon hill, va
    www.thedenverpost.com :biggrin_2559:

8. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    The driver is being investigated for suspicion of drunk driving.....

I'm no detective, but look at the driver's actions and the time of year and consider what I think of this driver and the situation:

This is the holidays. Most people would want to be with families and friends. I'm going to blindly throw this out there, but with drugs and alcohol aside could it be possible that the driver was either suffering from depression or even suicidal? Driving a truck down an interstate traveling in the wrong direction with the vehicle's lights off, and ignoring warnings from other truckers, motorists, and the police just spells out suicide to me.

This professional driver was fine the days before. Now all of a sudden he exhibited strange behaviors before unfortunately killing an innocent motorist. He's already in trouble with the law, so there's no need for me to bad mouth this former driver.

My thoughts go out to the victims.

If you're on medication, don't take it before driving. If you drink, then don't drive. If you suffer from some sort of psychological condition such as depression or suicidal thoughts and/or tendencies then seek professional help before turning that key. It could be your last.

9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Suicidal people don't plan on killing innocent people. There are plenty of wasted drunks that don't remember driving home or remember their actions. My guess is he's one of these three day drunk types turned truck driver. He sat for Christmas and that's when it started. I bet he has a past of alcohol related arrests.
    All artcles say he's under suspicion for drunk driving. So the smell was probably there and they took a blood test awaiting the results. Probably too drunk to blow a breathalizer. I have no sympathy for him.

A couple updates. He had his parking lights on and it looks like a USA truck.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16951014

10. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Or maybe,he simply went NUTS!!??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted