Wynne Transport Service

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 88 Alpha, Sep 13, 2013.

1. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    As the title states, I am looking for some information about Wynne Transport Service, Omaha,NE.

Has anyone here on TTR driven for them or otherwise know anything about them other than what their website says? I recently called the number listed on their website and spoke with their Safety Director (doubles as the recruiter) and he made a pretty good sales pitch but I would like to hear from a current or former driver.

Feel free to shoot me a PM, should you choose not to discuss the company in public.

Regards,

88A

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Don't know much about the company... but I used to work for a truck service shop that had a Wynne account. I can tell you I saw quite a few happy drivers and very well maintained equipment.

u4icwargasm and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  4. Oaker

Oaker Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    SW Ohio
    http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SMS/Data/carrier.aspx?enc=tgB0nvTLKy8=

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"]USDOT#[/TD]
    [TD="class: regtext, align: right"]53497[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"]Power Units:[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtext, align: right"]227[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"]DBA Name:[/TD]
    [TD="class: regtext, align: right"][/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"]Vehicle Miles Traveled:
    [​IMG]VMT Year:[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtext, align: right"]12,897,542
    [​IMG] 2012[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"]Address:[/TD]
    [TD="class: regtext, align: right"]2222 North 11Th Street
    Omaha, NE 68110[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"]Drivers:
    Carrier Operation:[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtext, align: right"]229
    Interstate[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"]Telephone:
    Fax:[/TD]
    [TD="class: regtext, align: right"](402) 342-4001
    (402) 342-4608[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"]Passenger:
    Subject to Placardable HM Threshold:[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtext, align: right"]No
    Yes[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="class: regtextbold"][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

5. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    I spoke with a guy from recruiting today and he says (WE DONT GURUNTEE MILES) can anyone explain how they pay .45 cents a mile but doesn't garuntee...he wouldnt even give a estimate

6. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I don't think I understand what you're asking. They probably don't guarantee x number of miles because that leads to people claiming "so and so is a bunch of liars!" The first time they have a slow week. Why they couldn't give you an idea of the average salary I don't know. .45 isn't bad though, depending on what accessorial pay looks like.

7. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I make within a couple of pennies .45 cpm and have been with my current company for 8 years. They have never guaranteed a mileage per week. If they guaranteed it, then the company would be obligated to pay it, even when our freight season is slow. If you called the recruiting department, they would tell you the average is 2200-2400 miles per week. Even that RANGE is certainly not guaranteed. We do not even get a minimum weekly paycheck like Wynne allegedly gives their drivers.

realsupatrucka Thanks this.
  8. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Yea they wont even give me a estimation...the they dont guarantee miles part messes with me because I have GARUNTEED BILLS TO PAY..salary cap they chave me was to wide open...35k to 72k...35k missing somewhere

9. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Good luck finding any company that will guarantee miles.

The numbers you gave turn into an average of 1495-3076 miles per week, assuming the yearly pay range is based solely on mileage, which certainly is not.

10. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Yea I know no company guarantee miles...but he couldnt even tell me what the average was..

The driver I talked to say he was doing good...but I dont see enough of there trucks down here to get a chance to talk to there drivers...and I stay in Texas(thats the number one place for tanker) we have all the chemical plants in houston and Pasadena...

But I guess I never will know what I can make until I actually try it out. ..I just hope they have the freight

11. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    They have a yard in Pasadena. Based on Google Earth, it appears the address is a tank wash.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand about not knowing what you can make until you try it. My best friend worked at the same company I work for, for 1 month shy of 8 years. He had been wanting to pull tanks for a very long time and finally took the plunge. It did not work out very well because he will be in orientation this upcoming week for the same company he left...3 months ago. He gave up his seniority, 3 weeks vacation, and everything to make that change and he will be right back at the same company, minus 8 years seniority and vacation, just deeper in debt. He discovered he enjoyed pulling the liquid tanks, he just went to the wrong company.

That's why I started this thread asking about Wynne. I would like to make a change from the box trailers to tanks but I simply do not want to give up over 8 years seniority and maximum vacation for something that I may very well do worse than what I am doing now.

Best of luck to you. Should you end up at Wynne, please let me know how you are making out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.