Wynne Transport Service

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 88 Alpha, Sep 13, 2013.

1. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Im cant switch jobs until I know info about them....now ive heard groendyke and superior carriers are doing really well right now....im feel u...I wouldn't give up my vacation or n e thing of that sort over a hope wish and a prayer...if I cant find out n e thing about them I will just go with one of the two..

@88alpha

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Just got a update on wynne...driver said they suck

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  4. Nobody62

Nobody62 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2013
    I worked for Wynne twice, and up until 2005 it was a great company; after that it started going down
    hill and probably hasn't stopped based on what I keep hearing...however, I wouldn't want to work for anyone else...they do have great equipment though, too bad they don't take as good a care of their drivers...I usually averaged 1500 miles/wk and if I ever got 2K miles it was rare but I did know a few drivers who got 3K miles quite often. nobody62

88 Alpha and realsupatrucka Thank this.
  5. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    I heard the only way u make money there is if u go to Canada

6. KWJakeW

KWJakeW Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I've been working at the company for two years now as a mechanic, just depends on who you ask some drivers here love their jobs and wouldn't go anywhere else. From what I've seen the longer you wanna stay out the more you make which I'm sure that's what it's like at most trucking companies these days. They run very good equipment from what I've worked on. Mostly full of Kenworths from t800s to t660s and about ten Maxxforce internationals that I personally think are junk when it comes to the engine. A lot of guys around here don't like to talk about pay but I've heard most drivers running fairly hard getting good miles. Overall it's made me decide to become a driver! Good luck to you with what you decide.

u4icwargasm and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  7. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Yea they sure don't like to talk about pay...the terminal managers either..i know they do a lot of Canada. .they haul herbicide up there..I'm really thinking about signing on with them...but i just don't know if they have the work to keep me rolling

8. KWJakeW

KWJakeW Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Oh they're busy that's for sure. I talked to a newer driver that started in July and he said he made more at Wynne in 4 months then he did at his other carrier in 7. And how hard you wanna stay out is a big thing there. Road oil drivers had a great year with around 2500 miles a week and herbicide seems to do always well.

u4icwargasm Thanks this.
  9. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    I don't mind staying out as long as I'm making money. ..it's when I stay out and have a messed up check I be mad about...I'm looking for consistent freight and miles.....do the drivers pull all the trailers or just one? What I mean is do we haul oil chemicals and compressed gas or just one or the other

10. KWJakeW

KWJakeW Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    There's 3 different boards. Gas board which has propane,anhydrous,road oil,tar, gas and diesel. Most fuel stuff is local guys. Then there's herbicide board most guys love that board the most. And then chemical board that has soaps,additives ect. Chemical and gas switch trailers a lot but it's drop and go and hook with them. Herbicide trailers vary depending on what's moving. Majority of the trailers are chemical and herbicide.

passport220 Thanks this.
  11. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    So do we pull all the loads...do they pay by mile or pay by the load? Do we stick to one board or we can pick and choose different boards..do we pick the loads or they dispatch us they self

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.