X Team mate & New Years Eve

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by FEELTHEWHEEL, Jan 11, 2013.

1. FEELTHEWHEEL

FEELTHEWHEEL Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    EL Cajon C.A.
    Working for CRST for a short time back in 2011, I did not give a thought to who I might run in to. But this new years eve at a local bar that is within walking distance from my home, that has karaoke, guess who I hear and see singing ? Its Ed ! For peace of mind I will not use Ed's full name, that might be better for both of us. Me and Ed go back to the mid eighties when we where working for his uncle at a small agency that represented American Red Ball. Ed's uncle who is an X - CO from the viet Nam war had asked me to keep an eye on Ed, as we where preparing ourselves for a trip to seattle WA. Ed could drive a truck fine, I just had more experience at the time. Ed was what seemed to be a bit slow at understanding things back then, that's what I thought anyway. So, away Ed and I go North from San Diego CA. to Seattle WA. Along the way we had to make a few stops, and Tacoma WA. was one of those places. As we sat in the GMC cab-over with some down time in Tacoma, we start starring out the windows just watching the city do its thing. Now that it is getting later in the evening the working girls start coming out. I look at Ed and say we need to stay away from them, but its OK to look. Ed looks at me and says, I never had a woman ! Oh Oh, this is when having extra money on my part is not a good thing. Long story short, Ed picked them out, and I asked them in out of the rain. Now I have never seen Ed smoke a cigarette, but after the Lady's had been helped down from the truck, and both praising Ed's name all the way to the street, I get back into the drivers seat, turn to look at Ed, and see his feet up on the dash, a cigarette light in his hand, and a look of relaxed exhilaration. Now myself and Ed make it back to San Diego. I think everything is cool, but Ed's uncle, the man that has been in war up front and close, turns to me without stopping and just shakes his head at me in disgust. That's how it felt anyway, never the less Ed's uncle was a great man and good to work for. I guess Ed was so happy about what happened in Tacoma at the time that he had to tell. Anyway I bought him a drink, shook his hand and gave him a hug at midnight ten days ago. He said he had hit his million mile mark after being with CRST for the last 12 years. He left right after midnight in a cab, me and my gal walked home and I told her this story, it was a fun night and a good start to 2013.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.