XADO revitalizer and oil treatments... Snake oil?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by ichudov, Jan 17, 2019.

1. ichudov

ichudov Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Berkeley, IL
    Some people lean on me very hard to buy XADO engine oil treatments. They tell me some truly incredible stories that I, a skeptical person, want to believe, but find it very difficult to believe.

Such as that worn work surfaces get covered by a ceramic glaze that restores their shape to like new.

I am aware that, generally, various engine oil additives like this were snake oil in the past. Is that XADO any different?

When I look at things such as amazon reviews, it is clear to me that they are almost meaningless, from people who cannot evaluate anything and did not evaluate anything.

So... have you tried any XADO products? Have you evaluated them on some measurable, specific basis? Any feedback?

Specifically, I have a rough terrain crane that works great, but has a lot of blowby and also burns and leaks a lot of oil. Oil smoke is visible in exhaust as well as leaks out of the engine at high RPM due to excess blowby pressure. About a gallon a day.

I do not really care about it all that much, it is just $15 per working day. HOWEVER if I could fix it on the cheap, it would be great.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I thank that money would probably better invested in lottery tickets and you already know the odds.

spsauerland and ichudov Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.