XM radio's Dr. Daliah in the house!!! Ask away!!!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by DrDaliah, Aug 29, 2012.

1. DrDaliah

DrDaliah Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    Please fill us in after you try it. The only info I can find is from the company itself and I'm hoping to find more objective evidence. To prevent DVT you need circulation of the DEEP veins, which is why walking around and not being immobile for an extended period of time is so imperative. I'm excited to hear what people think who aren't associated with the company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DrDaliah

DrDaliah Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    I think its awesome that you've been investigating finding a nutritionist. If there is not one in town, or on your insurance plan, I actually DO recommend Weight Watchers. They are phenomenal in teaching you how to watch what you eat and budgeting "points." I refer all my patients to them whose insurance does not cover a nutrition consult.

4. DrDaliah

DrDaliah Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hmm, a total cholesterol of 160 is awesome (we shoot for under 200). Now an LDL or "bad cholesterol" at 160 is high depending on your risk factors. I recommend the basics, such as fruits, veggies, lean meat, exercise (it really works) and sometimes fiber at night or metamucil. If your numbers rise and you are doing everything right, then it may be genetics and you body just overproduces cholesterol. If that's the case the doc may suggest a med, but try what I suggested first.

Keep me posted!!

5. Kevin_GMC

Kevin_GMC Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Yeah Rob.G definitely let us know about it!
    And thanks cuzzin it! good sensible advise!

6. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Shhh, don't associate that "sensible" word with me, i don't want to trigger a random :biggrin_25524:

Anyway just doing that is not enough... a good start, but not enough to counter the effects of bad eating habits like not eating for 12 hours, then having 2100 calories of burger and fries, or 2 corndogs and a diet soda from the fuel desk, so you can make it to someplace you have a shower on your card.

Walking is a good start, But there has to be more balance in food and activity... A lot more

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  7. Rob.G

Rob.G Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Hello Dr Daliah, cuzzin it, Kevin_GMC nd anyoneelse who is interested
    I got my Venowave in the mail on Monday and have been using since then. The ebay seller shipped it so fast!
    I am very happy with it! I am wearing it on each leg in the middle of the day for about 45 min. I can feel the diference so muhc. My butt used to go numb and restles all the time while I drove...not any more! plus i feel so much better knowing i am preventing DVT. I also found if i wear it at the end of the day my legs feel lighter and less tired! so far i am very pleased with my envestment. I will keep using it and post more results next week!

Lady K Thanks this.
  8. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    So how is it working in the long term ?

9. hiltsbilt

hiltsbilt Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2013
    hey Doc, I have been using a e-cig (vaping) for a little over two years now. I haven't smoked a cigarette since the day I got my stuff, so I can say it has worked for me. the trick is to stay away from the gas station ones and get a good e-cig, I get all my stuff online.

10. ghettochild

ghettochild Medium Load Member

Jan 13, 2012
    atlanta,ga
    How can u tell if you have sugar or protein in your urine?
    Is there a certain smell?

11. speedracer 1963

speedracer 1963 Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    illinois
    Hey what's up doc, what is your opinion on the affordable health care act that goes into full swing next month .... Ive heard some doctors say it wont work long term...your thoughts ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.