XPO logistics and Coyote logistics good or bad ?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Not_Here_Long, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Flipflops

Flipflops Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Coyote is ok. I have one broker there that hooks me up with good freight. Typically pre booked a few days ahead. Every other agent there is useless to me cause they're so cheap.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WalterSobchak

WalterSobchak Medium Load Member

May 16, 2014
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Coyote is ok I suppose. That's to say we got ok rates on the loads we have done for them. They did aggravate me a little on the last load I did. I gave a check call after being loaded only for them to call me 15 minutes later asking if I was loaded. After that they did introduce me to their text system which I like. I prefer checking in with brokers via text whenever possible.

Yet to run anything for XPO. Wasn't interested in the $1.12 per mile they were offering on the last load I called about.

4. OO driver

OO driver Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2016
    They lie all The time , they think somebody get tricked once he will not remeber them! Because they are big we should do what they want!
    One time pick up was on Friday I went there and company was closed till tomorrow . Didn't want to pay det.
    Next time the said 20000lbs and it was 44000 and I refused to haul because they won't pay extra.
    Terrible company , specially if you are owner operator ! Don't work with this people !
    Coyot is the same .

5. rasymacmac21

rasymacmac21 Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    East of the Mississippi.
    Coyote is milking on the refrigerated/van freight out of the northeast more than CHR.

6. OO driver

OO driver Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2016
    I told my Company Dispach not to Call me with loads from them ! They didn't pay me maybe over 2000$ in Det. Time and cancel fees

7. OO driver

OO driver Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2016
    They didn't pay me maybe 5 times , every time about 10-12h of wait time . They just don't care and they are rude to drivers if they call to ask why?

8. troyobray

troyobray Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Coyote is on the bad broker list for Baxter Bailey & Associates.

Josh_ Thanks this.
  9. Josh_

Josh_ Light Load Member

May 22, 2015
  10. roadreject

roadreject Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Hogwallow
    I pulled a load for XPO recently through my company to get me in a position to pick up a load from one of our customers.
    I have no idea what the rate was, but wasn't happy with the experience. Live load, that took forever, multi-stops, starting 2000 miles away that started 2 days after I finally got loaded....and the broker made a fuss about changing the drop appointments to something I could do legally, but changed the second day drops back to something not legal when I was enroute.
    The first customer at the first drop on the second day was not happy when I showed up at the earliest legal time, and delayed me for hours, intentionally screwing up the count, then vanishing for lunch. The broker contact basically laughed at me on the phone. I doubt I will knowingly pull another load for them.

11. SFLTRKBIZ

SFLTRKBIZ Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2012
    I dont deal much with XPO, but if people are having problems with Coyote logistics then that means they should GTFO of the business because all the other brokers would be unbearable compared to coyote. I haul a huge percentage with Coyote and they have been my favorites for years. I also like CH Robinson a lot. Try to establish a contact within each company and that will help you. Coyote assigns all carriers a unique representative which I really like.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.