Xpo logistics - chicago office- beware beware!!!!!!! They don't pay!!!!!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Simpledriver, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Simpledriver

Simpledriver Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2013
    What a surprise, the company we all think is decent, has the office in Chicago with area code '312' that doesn't pay for the job that you do. They not only don't pay, they make you feel terrible, that you want to commit suicide after talking to them. Not healthy. You don't have to listen from anyone curses and humiliating words.

Don't move loads for them. But I cannot say the same for the office in Charlotte,NC with area code '704', they are professionals.
    Such a shame, cause, Charlotte Office used to be my favorite brokerage company....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sjmay

sjmay Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Good to see you threw in the details....

4. Simpledriver

Simpledriver Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2013
    No need for details. Load is delivered. Truck driver has to be paid. End of story.

5. sjmay

sjmay Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    LOL yes, end of story.

No other details needed, I mean, sure you delivered the load, it was the right load right, no damage? You were on time, right, not 30 days late? You brought it to the right place, right? Not another city?

You submitted all the paperwork right, didn't miss a paper, to the right broker, right, not the one you did last year, right? On the right load?

Yea, no details needed...

6. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Havent hauled for them, but always looked like they had some good rates on the ones that were advertised.

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    They're a mega broker like any of the alphabet soup brokers. Some good, some bad. Is anyone surprised Chicago people are nasty on the phone?

8. wonderdog24

wonderdog24 Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Puyallup,Wa
    XPO is a spinoff of CH Robinson Exec's.... CHROB sued the crap out of them for violation of the non-compete clause in there contracts...

9. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    The founder and current CEO of XPO came from a waste management company and then United Rentals. I think you are thinking of Coyote and Command. Both of these companies got started by ex-CHR people (they jointly owned a company that was bought by CHR) but CHR hasn't sued them. They didn't start these companies for over 5-years after they left. One went on to get his masters and I believe the other was in venture capital for a while.

As far as details, typically when someone doesn't get paid the other party is giving a reason.

From our side, we have a great relationship with ALL XPO offices.

10. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Not all XPO offices are created equal. I've got a great relationship with their 775 office. I got a call from the 312 office on a day the 775 office was low on loads, and oh boy, I came so close to cancelling the load due to general BS and mistreatment. However, I held my tongue and went through with it so it didn't bite me in the butt with the 775 office and promptly blocked their 312 number after I called in empty.

techslave Thanks this.
  11. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Good to know. I have a monthly call with the main office and if this is happening I will address it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.